Sinister: Two More Days

Histrianic at xxx.com Histrianic at xxx.com
Sun Dec 31 15:47:03 GMT 2000

two more days until a twenty-hour flight back to my beloved dorm...
two more days until a twenty-hour session of boredom...
two more days until a twenty-hour nap that I will wake up from, only to find
myself in need of more sleep...
two more days until a cramped up seat and three crappy movies...

yep, I have two-- one now, because it is 12:12 AM-- days until I have to fly
back to exeter, my beloved school and my friends.  I will definitely miss
home, and the fact that I was able to sleep twelve to thirteen hours a day
here.  I've certainly done a whole lot of shopping, and I can't fit
everything into my tiny suitcase anymore, so I decided to steal my mother's.
I bought three CDs yesterday, only I haven't listened to any of them so I
can't tell if they're good or not.  I am going to need a new CD case thing.
I have ordered five, no wait, six CDs from amazon.com the day before
thanksgiving, which they've informed me via email have been shipped on
december twenty third.  it should be in my mailbox by the time I get back.
All by Guided by Voices, too.  My friend, who introduced me to Belle and
Sebastian as well, informs me that only three of the six CDs I bought are
good.  Under the Bushes Under the Stars, which is the one I'm most looking
forward to, to be frank, apparently is by GBV overcome by the
devil, or some kind of music satan... I think her opinion may have something
to do with the fact that the first song on the CD, Teenage FBI, was in the
Buffy soundtrack...
GBV somehow reminds me of B&S.  Maybe it's just because the same person
introduced me to both of them, but they do...  Not their music, because the
music is pretty different, but just something about them...  It can't be the
band members, either, because GBV is, well, old compared to B&S.  Or at least
from what I know.  Oh well.
I have never listened to any songs remade that was originally by a female
artist remotely resembling madonna.  Except for maybe a couple of Weird Al
songs.  That was in response to Jeanette.  So I wouldn't know.  All I know is
that Madonna ruined American Pie beyond belief.  (QuickPoll: Did anyone
actually like that new Music CD?  Sorry if I offended anyone... but frankly,
I hate that song.  The music video?  "What kind of evil are you watching?"!)
I went out to dinner with twelve of my family members tonight.  It was rather
frightening.  My family is really quite dysfunctional.  I had to sit with my
nineteen-year-old cousin who kept on calling her friends on her cell phone
and a five year old who ate more than the two of us put together.  Then he
hit me on my head with a gold balloon that the waitress gave him.  I popped
the fucking thing with my nails.
That was long.  If anyone bothers to read this, which I doubt they will after
scrolling down, please tell me what B&S and GBV have in common.  Maybe they
don't have anything in common at all to begin with, and it's just all in my
head...
I really should stop writing now.  Except I haven't heard from any of my
friends in two weeks, the only people I've held slightly meaningful
conversations with were my mother, my father, and my grandmother, and I am
starved of interesting people to talk to.  Well, I did try to hold a
conversation via aim with my crush, The Swedish Boy, platinum haired, rude,
perverted, self-absorbed, and four years older... and really cool.  But he
didn't seem very interested in talking to me.
Has anyone ever seen a production of The Still Alarm by George S. Kaufman?
It's with the five guys and the fire in a hotel...  I'm directing it, and I
have nil clue as to what I'm doing, except maybe flirting with the second
fireman.  I have a big story about the second fireman, too, but that would
take ages to type out and it's quite trivial anyway.  Well, in perspective
it's trivial.  But to me it's quite life-or-death matter.  Or maybe
good-or-bad review sort of thing.  I can't come up with a good analogy.  Damn.
I, or rather, my friend and I are coming up with another edition of the HMR
SATs, a stupid test made for silly people with an obscure sense of humor.  If
anyone has any questions they'd like to see posted, send me your... well,
questions.  Just to give you a sense of what it's like, I'll give you a
couple of sample questions that represent the true spirit behind the HMR SATs:

-If you could choose a brand of windmills (NOT Swedish Windmills, Inc.) to
sponsor this test, what would it be?
-Why does "upbraid" mean "to blame" and not "to braid upward"?
-e=mc squared.  Write about someone who has no idea what that means.

These are questions from about a year ago, and I don't find them very funny
or witty now, with the possible exception of the windmill question,
contributed by Will.  The questions on the new test are funnier, I think, but
as that is confidential until its release time, I think Rachel will be quite
angry and flustered if I disclosed those questions.
Okay, I'm gonna go now, and you probably don't even care, but that's okay.
No wait, you're not Ben, so you should care.  Or maybe Ben is on this list,
although I very much doubt that, because he listens to banjo music, and I
don't think I've heard Belle and Sebastian play the banjo.  Maybe they do.
Don't hate me because I've got a bad memory, hate me because... I lack common
sense, maybe?  I don't know.  A lot of this is incessant rambling and
babbling, in case you haven't noticed.  And this has gotten really, really
long, much longer than I had intended it to be.  Oh well.  That's life.
("How the hell do I control my life when I can't control my hair?")

Lots of love and an obscure object or thought that I usually insert here but
can't think of right now because my brain is dead.