Sinister: "He will be your captain soon"

Simon Aurell simon.aurell at xxx.se
Thu Dec 28 18:21:22 GMT 2000

Dear Sinister,
Today I was riding bus number 19, on my way home. As the bus stopped for red lights, I saw a man walking with his bicycle along the pavement, his little daughter on it. She seemed extremely pleased with this, as she waved her arms and laughed, and then began making salutes to everyone, with her back straight, chest out and head held high, like she was the proud captain of some beautiful ship, sailing into harbour. For me, sitting behind the glass of the bus window, the hole scene was silent - except for "You Made Me Forget My Dreams", playing on my walkman, and the faint humming from the engine, running on idle, that occasionally broke through the music - and very beautiful.

By the way, could anyone help me come up with a good name for a singer/songwriter-ish project?

Simon