Sinister: the mittens on strings school of twee

Viks scorn-pie at xxx.uk
Thu Dec 21 21:37:06 GMT 2000

I tell you I'm so weak-willed. I've broken evey single one of my new years
resolutions in (counts on her fingers... runs out of fingers...) er, this
many days. On jan the 1st i was all ready to use a spoon for the jam jar,
not to draw dirty pictures on steamed up windows and not to bother those
nice people on sinister. sigh. Actually i'm lying. I never eat jam.

Anyway, hello all, I hope you're all  keeping nicely.
 After honeys mothering talk I thought I'd unlurk for  once. Talking about
mummys, mine was singing LLPJ the other morning in the shower. The words
were a bit wrong - I waited desperately for her to sing about thrush and
shock my dad and it didn't happen- but, bless her, the tune was there.
(sorry, that's about all the content)
About the subject line, I think I read that in select a while ago. It's not
the type of thing that my head comes out with . I was never in of control my
mittens on strings. They gave me co-ordination problems and one invariably
ended up somewhere around my armpit and the other in a puddle.

The other day jenowl said....
>When I was very small I used to stay awake till late in the dark in bed,
and
>then I wuld gather all my dolls round me and we would have a picnic from
food
>I'd saved, and I would pretend we were hiding out in the blackest cave from
>baddies, and we were eating our supplies at midnight, and bringing magic
and
>laughter to the darkness and coldness, and playing games and telling little
>stories to keep our spirits up. I couldn't sleep last night, and I had the
>idea that I would do that again. So I did.

Funny that, I did a similar thing the other night but instead of toys I was
in bed with a Younger Man. Ok, it was Harry Potter, but I read under the
quilt with a torch into the wee hours and way past my bedtime. So actually
it was nothing like Jenowls picnic which sounds exciting, but I was trying
to be relevant.

Ok I'll stop now. Goodnight all, sleeptight,and don't let the bed bugs bite.

ikki Vikki.