Sinister: At Last - The Cheese Course!

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Tue Feb 1 00:28:21 GMT 2000

Hi Everybody,

Our Oon definitely has to give Mr Chris a monster hug & congratulations,
coz he played a blinder at The PoCaff on Friday night. Picking like Robin
Williamson (when he was good) & singing like, I dunno, some bloke who can
sing really well. 9 original gems plus a couple of covers, including Pancho
& Lefty, as also recorded by Emmylou Harris & er, Evan Dando (sorry). Set
list to appear on the web soon. Or maybe very much later :) If you weren't
there, its a shame, but you could compensate yourself by buying his latest
release from

        http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~calnd/sleeka/sleeka.htm

for a ridiculously give-away price.

The Foxgloves were also tops - their first electric set provoking an
entirely spontaneous & unrehearsed "Judas!" "I don't believe you, you're a
liar!" exchange between Trousers & Hopkins.

In the restaurant earlier the waiter could smell that we weren't going to
give a big tip, & Honey said that he was able to sniff out who the senders
of bum pictures to the bodyparts page were. Bodily Fluids page soon come.

Mick Cooke supplied the Belle and Sebastian content. What a nice man. And
what's wrong with trumpet-playing bands,anyway?

Thanks to all who had a hand in organising a fine evening - I may go again.
If you'll let me in, that is  :)

List abuse spot: does any ISB or 70's Who fan have a copy of Mike Heron's
Smiling Men With Bad Reputations? Coz I'd like to hear it again & can't
find a copy.

Bye,

Your Wicked Uncle Ernie
Chelmsford, UK