Sinister: Greetings from 38C

Radiation Girl jnikolaeff at xxx.au
Tue Feb 1 01:35:06 GMT 2000

 Mushi mushi, everyone - I have finally graduated from the nursery.  And now
 I'm here there were so many things I wanted to say, but do you think I
 remember them now?  Of course not, that would be an example of a good
 memory - that which I do not have and probably never will due to my high
 consumption of Coopers Ale.

 I'm writing from Adelaide Australia where it is extremely hot (as you know
 now), and I do have sympathy for you all suffering in snow.  Though I am
 kind of jealous - I have never seen snow before.  Ever.  Yes, really. But I
 have eased my feet in the sea many a time.

 Anyway, the snow thing has got to me recently, and so has the travelling
 bug, so I decided where better to see it than Britain, and my fathers
 homeland (Russia)  I'm heading over at the end of this year, and cannot
wait
 to go to all these groovy B&S clubs you guys talk about all the time!  I'm
 keeping a list, believe me... and maybe I can hunt b&s down (subtely, of
 course) and try to make them do a tour of oz.  Quite frankly, I was quite
 shocked to hear that they have toured the US and not here.

 CLUBS
 Speaking of clubs, if you ever come to Adelaide you'll be quite pleased
with
 Velvet, and POP!  - especially the former as Chris, Jackie and Lara the
dj's
 I make play b&s til the cows come home (do b&s ever mention animals in
their
 songs?  my mind is blank)  - well, I would but they all get sick of me.  I
 hate to say it, but I may have single handedly turned everyone in Adelaide
 against them due to my unhealthy obsession.  This is quite evil - please
 forgive me, I didn't mean to do it.....

 WORK
 While I write I am at work, and I know I shouldn't have sinister sent to my
 work address but otherwise my inbox at hotmail would be permanently full
and
 I would never get to reply to any of you!

 REPLY
 Idle Berry - I love Norwich!  Well, I love the people anyway!  We had a
 group of five Norwich lads stay with us in our 2 bedroom flat in 97-98 (one
 of them was shagging my flatmate) and I have to say they are the most
lovely
 travellers I have ever met. And Planet Norwich by Roy & HG was also a
 fantastic show - I always watched out for the boys in the audience, but
 alas! I never saw them!  We also had a lovely lad from Glasgow stay with us
 kilt & all (he dragged it all over the world with him, would you believe?)
 Very strange...

 Mark Whitney  "  I keep falling in love
 I can’t help myself. Not with real
 people, obviously, that would be silly. " This is what I really wanted to
 reply to today - I know it was a while ago.  I have not been in love with
 anyone for three years at least - except with imaginary people.  For
 example - Romeo in Baz Luhrmanns Romeo & Juliet; Tyler Durden in Fight
Club,
 and most recently Count Nicholas Rostóv in War & Peace (yes, the book!).  I
 guess it's just because my life is so lacking in romance and the like such
 as a nice man (or woman, I have tried that before, but it wasn't what I was
 looking for).  Yes, it's sad that I can fall in love with a character from
 book, but my life is sad......I miss nice people; nice boys; my ex from 3
 years ago (I must admit - I feel I must be truthful)  Boo hoo.....  Yes, I
 think I will cry now.   I have also fallen in love with songs - namely
 rollercoaster ride and ease your feet in the sea.  Maybe that's why I'm
 obsessed by b&s.....

 DIRTY DREAM NUMBER 2
 Would you believe this is soooo like my friend Lara?  She met Sean Hughes
 when he was out for the Fringe Festival years ago (admittedly he was only
 out for a shag, but he didn't get one as she had a boyfriend) and they have
 remained friends ever since.  He came out solo year before last and we had
 drinks.  He really is a lovely guy - I had just broken up with this wanker
 Drum & Bass head (need I say more?) and Sean was lovely to me and gave me a
 big hug and insisted I would be fine (it was only a matter of hours before
 was balling in his show because he was chatting about how relationships are
 a waste of time and you will never find anyone, you just go from person to
 person when the old gets boring).

 Babbling
 Yes, I have been babbling - I'm sorry but I feel like I've found a new home
 with you guys, and I actually have something to say that makes sense to
more
 than one person out of ten.

 HOUSEMATES
 I know how you feel. I live on my own now.  It's just easier that way.

 Corpora - >P.S. it's scary how they actually found the cure for depression,
 isn't it? What's unreal is how well it works. I have friends who used to be
 on the brink who talk about Zoloft like it's their best friend. All I can
 say is that, to anyone who's had it, there's nothing beautiful at all about
 depression. It sucks. I'd be happy to see it wiped off the earth. Sad is
 sad, but depression is death. The little girls understand.<

 Yes, the little girls DO understand...

 I've talked long enough.  I've been at work all morning, and I have not
done
 a thing.  So off to work now.

 Cheers everyone - lovely to meet you!

 Love & Kisses - Juliya

 "Watching your face,
 that makes an empty room of this crowded place,
 I stand, not speaking - terrified to see
 You grown more lovely, and still lost to me."