Sinister: They called him 'popcorn'...

LookingDownward at xxx.com LookingDownward at xxx.com
Tue Feb 1 05:48:30 GMT 2000

Beautiful people!

School starts again (for me) to-morrow; the snow's almost gone:  spring must
be coming, which means that I ought to be digging through my laundry-heap
looking for anything pastel. I sat on a train last night completely
mesmerised by the conductrix's metallic-pink nails--quite the shade of
chocolate, egg-shaped candies.

It's now my third semestre, and I'm fully prepared to relive the awful
disappointment of not finding a single Classics professor who wants
desperately to sleep with me.

This is a bit outdated, but I'd like to say that I like the English language.
Quite much, thank you. This being because, although I fancy I can flirt
tolerably well in French, my conversational knowledge of said language comes
only through pop music, the labels of beauty products and Canadian foods
(which I find in New York frequently), and Balzac's Comedie Humaine; as such,
I'm sure I sound like a fool. Although not much more foolish than when I say
'Your eyes enchant me,' or something of similar romantic grandeur.

Showing us how well diaper-trained she is, Radiation girl expressed:

> I have not been in love with
>  anyone for three years at least - except with imaginary people.  For
>  example - Romeo in Baz Luhrmanns Romeo & Juliet; Tyler Durden in Fight
> Club,
> and most recently Count Nicholas Rostóv in War & Peace (yes, the book!).

Ah! So close to my heart! Count Rostòv is indeed a fine fantasy-lover; more
so than any other boy in any other Russian novel that I've read. I would at
this point like to recommend War & Peace to everybody here who can stomach a
long book (with the hope that a popular movie will be made of it, spurring
the publication of many abridged versions, much like they now do with _Les
Misèrables_, which, although of necessarily inferior quality, will make the
experience slightly more accessible to those of us who can't).

And I would also like to opine that love for fictional characters is
perfectly constructive. I've had an on-again/off-again sleeptime love-affair
with Robert Lovelace (of Richardson's _Clarissa_'s fame) for nearly two years
now, even though every bit of sense I have tells me that he's wicked in a bad
way. And something dead, too, if the text of the narrative is to be believed.

Lastly, I recently acquired a pair of lovely striped jeans without accounting
for the improbable length of my legs. Having got them home tonight and tried
to think of ways to lengthen the trousers, I'm quite convinced that the thing
cannot be done in a fashionable manner (which, when dealing with striped
trousers, is of ultimate importance). I would like to offer them, *completely
free** to anybody who wants them (although, in the case of more than one
person caring for such an article, a haiku competition may be resorted to). I
imagine they'd fit a slight-figured person, five-and-a-half feet tall.
Pictures and accurate, metric measurements can be provided upon request.

-Paralis.

* completely free excepting p&p, as necessary.