Sinister: I'm Picking Up Jug Vibrations

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Feb 1 15:11:11 GMT 2000

I would have liked to start this message by swearing in Thai, like a
Thai Stephen Pastel, only harder. The links from Mistopher Chris's
website took me to the following interview with the bloke who played
drums on the British Rock Symphony tour featuring Roger Daltrey. It's
the Sister Disco 70s WHO Web of the Week:
http://www.rogerdaltrey.net/gerson.html
I also visited the Woof Guide to Wock, where a Belle and Sebastian
entry can be found. It mentions "an obsessive Internet fan base". I
think they mean YOU. Yes, YOU. It's a terrible entry, much worse than
the one we did, hundreds of years ago, back when the list was a cosy
community of inbred crofters and sheepshaggers on acid. Mind you, they
have kindly inserted a deliberate mistake to keep us on our toes. See
if you can find it at:
http://www.roughguides.com/rock/index.html
I've been listening to the new Primal Scream album, "Excrementor". It
reminds me of Frank Sidebottom when he was watching Freddie Mercury on
Live Aid and had to take the back of the telly and pour some water
inside. My favourite bit is when Bobby G has a go at rapping. It's
like a Little and Large sketch. So thumbs up there then. There's a
nice Chumbwamba feel to some of the lyrics too. "Jimi Hendrix Live at
Woodstock" is a right load of rubbish though. You can't hear the
bongos. "And what," thought Alice, "is the point of a two-pronged
bongo attack if you can't hear it?" I see Villa did well in the cup.
That was me, not Alice. Someone mentioned people whose favourite
childrens' television programme was only on in their region, to  which
I can only say "Gus Honeybun". And "Adrian Evans". And "Tim Hopkins".

I'm going to buy an empty slipcase and do a "dirty" in it.

Peter
xx