Sinister: hiding from the weather

invisible_boy invisible_boy at xxx.net
Tue Feb 1 19:00:30 GMT 2000

And so my virginal post catches me feeling all melancholy.
It's a cold Northern night and I'm genuinley a bit scared
that one of the trees out front is about to uporoot and fall
straight into the house. Very nasty. I'm glad my flat is at
the back. I had envisaged that moving from Newcastle to
Leeds would bring the benefit of improved weather
conditions. How very niave....

This week I've been told by my friendly optician that a pair
of glasses was probably in order, and so for the first time
in my 22 tears (going on 23....scary) I'm a bespecticled
boy. I asked the (not-so)kindly assistant if they'd help me
to see better after two bottles of wine but the only reply I
got was the kind of sarcastic glare that people in the
service industry ought not to know. Still, at least now I
can walk around actually being able to see the edges of
objects, rather than shapless blurs which I may or may not
be about to walk into. But do they make me look,
intelligent, reliable and thoughtful, or do they just make
me look kind of nerdy? Well, the jury's still out on that
one.

Tommorow I'm going to buy tickets to go to a Fall gig. A
prospect which fills me with as much trepidation as it does
excitement, to be honest. The phrases "Fall gig" and "riot"
seem to crop up slightly to often in the same sentence for
my liking, but on the plus side, the gig isn't until March
so Mr E (Ebeneezer?) Smith has plenty of time to sack his
whole band (again) before then. Maybe it'll be something I
don't need to worry about.

That was me. Saying hello.

Kev (alias invisible_boy, alias shambolic, alias me)
---
Cronenberg - http://www.explode.to/davidcronenberg/
Regular Chickens - http://www.explode.to/regularchickens/