Sinister: 13 Point Plan to Destroy America

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Fri Feb 4 03:47:26 GMT 2000

Howdy folks,

I don't know if it's the winter making everyone a tad wistful and melancholy
or if Zoloft is putting its plan for world domination into effect by
decreasing the amount of dopimine in everyone's brain, but the list has been
a bit (ok, alot) drab, dull and repetitive over the past couple of months.  I
thought it was just me, but I talked to a few long-time and ex-Sinistereens
and they noticed it to: the list has really changed recently.  I remember
when I first signed on about a year ago when it was alot of charismatic folk
talking about interesting things and new bands, and it was a helluva lot more
drunken and debaucherous than it is now.   Between Nick Dasto(o)r, Genevieve,
Trousers Paula Cullen, Blake, etc., you never knew what you were going to
read each day when you opened your mail.  I can honestly remember opening all
30 mails I would recieve a day and not skimming or deleting one until it was
read; now I don't have the time or interest to read more than a scant handful.
Now it seems the list is bent on the mundane and most especially the "twee"
as it were.  You can almost categorize the postings into three groups: a)
"the things I did today that are fairly commonplace" (include token B&S
moment), b) "the girl/guy who broke my heart and I have to see them
everyday/every now and again and it makes things awkward," which should
probably fit under "a" but sheer volume demands its on category, and c) "I'm
new to the list please love me," which in my opinion is the only one
excusable; (it goes without saying that George Dickie is in a category of his
own, I beg you to contine posting!).
What happened?  The old guard is nowhere to be seen except on rare occasions
and I swear its almost like one person a day jaunts from the nursery.  Its
almost enough to make your head spin trying to keep up with the changing face
of Sinister.  I think Honey did the right thing by reminding everyone to only
post when you have something worthwhile or downright barn-burning to say, and
I just wanted to emphasize that not only is the list admin sick of reading 30
identical emails a day but pretty much everyone on the list is fed up as
well.  I know more than a handful of people who have unsubbed because of it
or are planning to very soon, and many of them were people who gave the list
its mischevious character way back when.
I guess I just miss the old rabble-rousing, drunken, fun-loving, irreverent
Sinister that thumbed its nose at everything the public thought we were and
just really enjoyed everyone else's company and opinions.  The new list is
tame and sappy to be blunt.  With the influx of so many new faces I think we
can really have an interesting and insightful list that can be your best
friend and a source of wit and hilarity.  It's got a great foundation and a
loving Mummy, and if we can all learn how to make the list its best I think
we'll all be much, much more satisfied.
Off the soapbox...

Steve C.