Sinister: P!O!P! GoEs A!R!T!

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 4 11:23:14 GMT 2000

the magnetic fields.... a
by André Breton and Philippe Soupault... you know
                          the surealists....
I'm not sure about the spelling of Ph. Soupault's
name,
please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong...
But I'm not so keen on the surealists...
I prefer the
            Lettrists and the
I            Michele Bernstein once said:
S...
"we all have 2 fathers... the father we love and the
father we hate... Surealism is the father we hate and
               Dada is the father we love..."
Trying to define the origins and influences of the art
                   movements after surealism...
there aren't any significant Art movements anymore...
Why? cause art's been always connected to the social
situation...
now, that
T  has covered with its black wings every aspect of
A                       every day life....
C            art itself has become a spectacle...
L                       easy to consume....
E                           digestable...
you'll see no bright brains anymore... cause bright
          brains are not digestable...
i'm not saying that there are not any bright brains
anymore... there are... it's just that we won't see
them taking the place they deserve...
and as the Situationists were saying:
 Culture is the commodity that sells all the others...
i feel so frightened in this world sometimes...
sometimes I feel I don't own my life...
cause is it really my life or is it just a
           representation of my life?
Do I make my own decisions...
       or they're decisions made by mere necessity?
C     A friend once told me... "I have no reason to
I                          live....
D                     but will we have
E                        MUSIC
                   up or down there?..."
Thank God for music
Damn the music...
      Music is our curse and blessing altogether...

I'll go now... take care all of you... this list is a
great comfort...
                a world of its own...
love XXOOXX
V.F.