Sinister: Isobel's rampant meglomania continues apace

Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
Sat Feb 5 15:50:25 GMT 2000

... from the NME piece:

"Belle & Sebastian are kind of like the Gentle Waves backing band" she
explained.*

In other news, just as things threatened to turn sour, I spied "Subject:
Sinister: The Penguin Book of Massive Knockers" in my in-box and I knew all was
right with the world.

This confusion between Peter Miller and our Lord and Father has happened before,
I think.  Can it just be that they share the same intials?  I don't think so.  I
mean no one mixes them up with Princess Margaret, do they?  Well not on this
list, anyway.

> Of course their new album is fantastic, it's just that slagging
> it off was the nearest I could get to civil disobedience.

I just wanted to give this a second airing.  I saw Booby Gillespie and Mani on
the TV recently.  Bobby was doing his complete stoner act and it was quite
painful to watch.  My friend says she knows he's a tit but it doesn't matter.
But it puts me off.  I'm not very good at taking bands seriously when their
members are so daft.

Patrick Malahide also wrote:

> So some of you are finally shut of me.

Maybe this was just a mistyping, but isn't the expression 'shot of me'?  I only
mention it in case he's gone through his life getting it wrong and wondering why
people look at him funny.  My dad reached middle age thinking frogspawn was
called 'frogs born'.  Twee fucker.

       Nick xx

* Don't worry elle.  I love Isobel really and make a point of 'encouraging' her
on a regular basis .  It's just fun to tease.  Like with that girl at school who
smelled of spam.