Sinister: my dramatic return(minus the drama)

alix campbell lixibell at xxx.com
Sun Feb 6 19:11:17 GMT 2000

Dear dirty Sinistriens

After a long pause I am back. Not that I recognise anyone anymore, its all
new folk these days. You know, it used to be all fjords round here when I
wus a lad.

Despite being away for months, I still can’t think what to write.  It’s a
bit like writing thank you letters to your great aunt after xmas. Not that I
got any dodgy presents from you lot. Not even a woolly jumper. Or a cardie.
Only I would have liked that. I have lots of cardies. Almost too many. How
do you know when you’ve got too many cardies?

Well, living in London is certainly grate. I’ve mostly been unemployed, or
asleep. When I’m not asleep I’m eating noodles, or hovering. However if
anyone at Finsbury Park Jobcentre is reading this, I am, of course just
having a lend of you, as Alf Stewart would say, and have been devoting every
waking hour to finding work. Not that I have many waking hours.  I’m lucky
if I’m sentient enough to watch Quincy.

Last night I was chez Tim, Sez and Trousers, watching people dance like
loons to 70s Who. Sez makes a mean pavlova and Trousers does things to
lasagne which are pleasant. It was very ridgy didge (sp?) I also got to
watch fluffystarrysarah argue about Yes. Now, I’m a Yes fan and started this
whole debacle by taping her Close to the Edge, but liking Yes is
fundamentally illogical and attempting to prove their GRATEness just won’t
work.

To people I’ve promised tapes to, they ARE being done. Really. Truly.  Can
you just remind me who you are, and what you wanted?

Flora Light margarine is fantastic. It brightens my otherwise dull culinary
life. It’s not as good as mayonnaise, but I can’t afford mayonnaise anymore.

My new year’s resolution was to be more offensive but I don’t think I’ve
done particularly well. When I was wading in Trafalgar square with
StarrySarah we did yell ‘ooh stick you’ at passers-by, but I’ve generally
been lovely. I’ve still to post my Xmas thank you letters though. Sorry
Aunty Wyn. It would be in the post if I could be arsed to leave the flat.

That’s about it really. I love everyone who’s bought me a drink in the last
few months, and to anyone who hasn’t you’re alright too. Alcohol’s over
rated. Oh, and a big UP to Rugmuncher, Cookie Monster, Mum and Jam Sandwich
Face.

Right, time to face the lesbians

Love alix~lixi

"Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's an 8 inch anal probe, silly" ~
DNaMagazine