Sinister: work? wha's that?

kerry zutroy at xxx.org
Mon Feb 7 02:49:37 GMT 2000

so i should be doing my thesis (i was earlier today, i swear!) but i
decided to post to sinister.

first a little b&s-ish content:
i wish i had a television. moreso i wish i had a television that got NBC
(for some reason we don't get it in this area of campus) so i could know
all this stuff about SNL playing b&s. ah, oh well.
good to hear the band haven't disbanded (ha! i made a funny), but i didn'
think they would, anyway. i mean, what would they do without stuart d.?
so a girl i knew a bit a couple years ago who sort of blew me off (long
story, but we were supposed to live together, and she ended up living
someplace else and stopped speaking to me) was in my room the other night
and looks at my wall and says "i'm so in love with all the bands you have
posters of [namely b&s, the jesus and mary chain, slint, prince, morrissey,
and madonna], particularly belle and sebastian." and since i've sort of
lost respect for her i just kind of said "that's nice." was that awful of
me not to embrace some other fellow fan here? of course, it's not like
we're totally at a loss for them out here, there's 4 of us on the list
(well, two aren't here now, but they used to be), i hear belle and sebbie
playing from windows of the various buildings around here, and last year
some girl whispered to her friend as she walked behind me when we crossed
paths "she has a belle and sebastian patch!" referring to my homemade patch
with the two dancing kids on it. it's quite nice, too, if i do say so
myself. ho hum. so that went nowhere and took a very long time to do so.

i got a new computer, so i'm happy. my old one died a slow and painful
death, and is currently sitting in the corner of my room, waiting to be
dismantled and thrown out the window. no, i'll probably just give parts
away to people who want them. but my new computer is pink. and it's named
landon auger, because it's very quiet and enjoys puzzles. how twee of me.

so last night i was up until 4am and got hungry and polished off the better
portion of a wedge of brie and several pickles. that's bad. but i made
powerpuff girls startup screens for my computer. that's good. but they
don't look perfect yet. that's bad. but it comes with your choice of free
topping. that's good. the toppings contain sodium benzoate (that's bad).
okay, now that i'm done spewing simpsons nonsense i'll move on to bigger
and better things.

maybe i should start campaigning for list crush votes. you know, make
buttons and stuff. teehee. or i could just take my old "john kerry for us
senate" sign and mangle it so it says "kerry for list crush" instead.
actually, i already cut the "john" out, so it currently says "kerry for us
senate," which i've been repeatedly getting a huge kick out of for about 3
and a half years (that's bad). um.

has anybody here listened to any of will oldham's bonnie prince billy
stuff? what's it like? let me know privately, please. it's about time i got
meself some new music, and that's close to the top of the list (that's
good).

-kerry

"sustained by special providence, i am fighting for dear life against that
demonic rice-cake."
	               -Soseki Natsume, _i am a cat_