Sinister: " i will be the first person in history...

RPushong at xxx.com RPushong at xxx.com
Mon Feb 7 02:15:12 GMT 2000

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
to die of boredom..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
welcome all...i haven't posted for a while...i've been listening to alot of
felt lately...
i think they are a band that i will never get bored of...
& it got me thinking...(dangerous i know...)
in 10 years or so...what bands or artistes are going to be remembered as
representing this generation...is it going to be  oasis and the manics...&
robbie williams!?! ...( i have nothing personal against any of these bands or
people ) already from 10 - 15 years ago...some truly great bands have been
forgotten...
lawrence and felt is one of them...dan treacy and the television
personalities is another...bid and the monochrome set another...( i would
also like to mention the pale fountains and shack and michael and john head
but that is another post on its own! )
there are loads more...i have a special affection for creation records...i
can even forgive alan mcgee for turning into the anti - christ...and even
though the start of the end for creation was the signing of oasis and the
selling out to sony...i still had a soft spot for them...they put out some of
my favourite records of all time...to me alan mcgee was never " creation
records boss " he was alan mcgee of biff bang pow! ...who wrote songs that
could tear your heart in two...
bid and the monochrome set were responsible for some of the finest pop
moments known to man!...the three that i have mentioned probably never won an
award between them... none of them are household names...yet they mean so
much to me...they have played an important part in my life...and in 10 - 15
years time when robbie has turned into rod stewart and oasis and the manics
have turned into status quo and dire straits... ...who's gonna remember
lawrence , dan or bid...
~~~~~
fortune
~~~~~
i like the way belle and sebastian have managed to stay loyal to
jeepster...after the brit award thing i imagine most major labels were
foaming at the mouth trying to tempt them away from jeepster...loyalty is
such a rare commodity these days...i love the fact that they are still with
jeepster...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
forever breathes the lonely word...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i like this mp3 thing...i really do...it will be great for music on the
move...but i find the idea that very soon you will be able to download an
entire music collection off the net ludicrous  ...i have no doubts that this
will be possible...but yet again i feel the men in suits are completely
missing the point...you see i like to own things...i like to collect...i love
vinyl...i like to touch it and smell it ...i like the feel of it...i like
cd's too ...but i love vinyl...i like the sleeves i like the little messages
scratched into the end of the record...about 10 - 15 years ago we were told
cd's would eventually replace vinyl by the year 2000...well 2000 is here and
vinyl is still fighting its corner...i wouldn't trade my vinyl in for the
world...i would rather own 2000 records taking up half my flat...instead of
50 or so memory chips in a shoebox...maybe i'm just stubborn and old
fashioned...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the optimist and the poet
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
another felt title i'm afraid ...i seem to have felt on the brain...but i
love this song title i think it would make a great film title...recently i've
been having a crisis of sorts...an internal war going on in my head...i lost
my faith in p*o*p ...so i went away to another country to gather my thoughts
and to forget about things for a while...and what happens...i walk into a
bar...to be confronted by the sea urchins " pristine christine " ...swiftly
followed by primal scream " all fall down "...14 iced bears " come get me "
...and the field mice " fabulous friend " ...i was a good 2000 miles away
from home...and it was like being struck by lightning...it sent shivers down
my spine!
and then to cap off an extremely pleasant evening the dj played love's "
alone again or " followed by belle and sebastians " dog on wheels " ...so my
faith has been restored...it was a truly surreal experience...that i shall
never forget as long as i live...
i met some fellow pop fans...a list member ( who shall remain nameless )...
who is now officially my best friend in the world...and for the first time in
my life i am optimistic of the future ( so i am the optimist ) and she is
most definately the poet...

" I'LL REST THIS CASE...
CONDEMN MY RACE...
I'LL STAB A KNIFE INTO THE FACE...