Sinister: Dawn's chorus

ETLRDHY at xxx.se ETLRDHY at xxx.se
Mon Feb 7 08:03:21 GMT 2000

How are you all? It's very early here. I really don't like to be up and
about so early, I'm sure it's not good for you.  I had a very productive
weekend really. I recorded a new song, well began recording it. There's
still a lot to do. It's just getting light here. There is a rosy pink glow
away to the south east but elsewhere it's pretty dank. Outside my window I
can see three picnic tables, people sit out there in the summer when it
gets very hot. But today they look slightly desolate and ever so odd. They
look more like sculptures than anything which someone would wish to sit at.
I think it could be the light which does that. Light really does change
everything I suppose. There aren't many people at work yet. I think that's
best. Again, I'd have to say that the light isn't quite right yet. Not
right for people I mean. Well, not lots of them anyway. When I left my
house this morning it was completely dark. The kind of dark you get at
about six o'clock on a winter evening. For the first few seconds it's easy
to get confused about what you're doing. I'm always convinced that I'm just
popping to the Co-op to get a pint of milk. The light is just the same.
     Anyway, I never really post to the list and I've been on here for
about a year and a half now. I went to that Poetry Cafe thing the other
week. It was good. I briefly met Stevie Trousers and promptly confused him
by having spotted a copy of 'Papercuts' in Brighton, Tim Hopkins who was
messing around in the disabled lift and Nick Dastoor who was just as
charming in real life as he is in the movies. Someone also pointed out
'Honey' to me as well, though by this stage I  was far too inebriated to
make any serious attempts at conversation. I was in London primarily to
meet up with my long time friend associate Miss P Booze (who did actaully
admit that possibly she is the bitch and I am the queen, which was nice).
And the other night I 'met' Erica at the Jeepster site. She was also very
nice. She offered to write some words for this song, which was very kind.
I've been having all sorts of problems trying to rhyme 'Notting Hill' with
anything other than 'Cheap savage thrill'. Err, if that hasn't put you off
Erica, mail me and I'll send you what I have got.
     And finally. This list is really quite a special and incredible place.
Everynow and again it seems to suffer a crisis of confidence for various
reasons (BTW the reason I don't post is laziness not because I think
'sinister' is intimidating) and everytime this happens the list just seems
to get over it and, in the end, simply gets better. I think it would be a
very different thing to be a Belle & Sebastian fan without this list.
     Anyway I'll go and have some breakfast now.
richard x