Sinister: if the KIDS are UNITED...

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 7 13:00:22 GMT 2000

aw, ello babies

how are you all getting on?  I'm feeling a bit wibbly myself, i think i may
be coming down with a bad case of ennui (i thought one was meant to get over
these things when one was a grown up).

lixi (welcome back love) said:

When I'm not asleep I'm eating noodles, or hovering

*carsmile pictures lixi hovering over finsbury park,  coming in to land on
the roof of the job centre

Can i just confess that until I saw and heard daphne and whatsit on top of
the pops i thought that "ooh, stick you" was yer bone fide underground POONK
classic, as opposed to pre-pubescent Shampoo/Reynolds girls thang.  silly
me.

and if that starry (or anyone else) mentions YES (or any other prog rock
arse (this includes travis)) again in a positive light, I shall personally
come and give her (or anyone else) a good slapping (if only to keep alive
the flame of Mr 'Opkins who seems to be on a sabbatical),

NEVER TRUST A FUCKIN' 'IPPIE

That POONK top 10 on channel four was GRATE, especially jimmy pursey in
contempary dance farrago and poly styrene in hare krishna conversion shocker
(think i was born 15 years too late, i would have made a GRATE POONK *steve
puts coke in his hair to spike it up and pogos at his desk)

Oh, according to last week's melody maker that Andreas Johnson bloke used to
be in GENTLE WAVES.  prolly a different swedish one and not our favourite
cellist's one, as there's not much injured moose style yodelling or piss
poor u2/radioheed impressions on isobel's debut (maybe that's what it's
missing).

Caroline mentioned belle and sebastian playing at All Tomorrows Parties.
Now unless i missed a very important meeting THIS IS NOT TRUE.  However, I
think everyone should come anyway and if I had lots of money i'd buy all the
tickets and we could ALL go and sit in the bar and ignore mogwai and sonic
OAPs.

hello to all the lovely pocaff people (i want a bootleg, steadymike)

xoxo

CarsmileSteve

I notice that topshop are selling motorhead t-shirts, WHAT THE FUCK'S GOING
ON THERE THEN?  It'll be AC/DC in Dotty P's next (but enough of my private
life, bdum tsch)