Sinister: It was telepathic, no other explanation

P F pinefox at xxx.com
Mon Feb 7 20:12:19 GMT 2000

'The lies you tell in Liverpool', sings Lloyd Cole on 'Fool You Are' (1999),
'will follow you to Spain'.

I think that this is a reference to burly Welshman John Toshack. However, my
friend Bob Quine insists that the sense involves the stocky England supremo
himself, Kevin Keegan.

Which of us is right? Come on, sinister! Please resolve the unwonted
ambiguity and let us patch up our friendship, which has been heavily
strained by the disagreement.