Sinister: ring, ring, it's 7am

Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com Jeremy.Simon at xxx.com
Tue Feb 8 13:07:14 GMT 2000

You lot,

("What?")

Don't stop, give it all you've got.

In Shane Meadows' latest, "A Room For Romeo Brass" (Kes meets Psycho, by way of
Alan Partridge), B&S are namechecked immediately before Steps in the credits
(for Fox In The Snow, the instrumental break of which appears at a
tear-jerkingly poignant moment). I can't help feeling that B&S friendly Meadows
did this on purpose.

When "Belle and Sebastian" and "Jeepster" went crawling up the screen, a good 5
minutes into the closing credits, I clapped politely, and someone clapped too!
Were *you* the fellow clapper?? I couldn't see, it being dark, and my eyes
brimming with joyful tears... Of course they may have been applauding Steps.
Such horrors *do* exist, you know.

There's lots I wanted to comment on: yes, Fiona, the birds are singing as if
it's spring, in glorious empathy with the lately revitalised sinister list.
Sinister chicks awaken as the weather warms (rise, heart! raise the roofbeams!);

Greig wrote:

>"various" members of B&S have contributed to Stuart D's baby

which put all sorts of unholy thoughts into my little head;

And Scarlet, when can we visit your gallery of Sinister glamour? I hope everyone
is sending her pics of their most glamorous clothes. I also hope a certain
vintage red leather jacket will be included amidst the rhinestone encrusted
cardigans and silver lamé y-fronts.

I'm going now. Those pesky kids are throwing stones at my window again. Why
won't they let me be?

J. D. Salinger