Sinister: BDO & Gomez...news from South Australia

Radiation Girl jnikolaeff at xxx.au
Tue Feb 8 22:59:22 GMT 2000

Hi everyone,

This is officially my third posting - how exciting!  Not really, but I just
wanted to use and exclamation mark.  What the hell !!!!

Finally, second-to-last on the list, the Big Day Out visited Adelaide last
Friday, and a fine day was had by all.  For the small population of SA of
around 1 mil -  20,000 young and youngish packed the Wayville showgrounds in
39C heat (almost 103F) to see such drawcards as the Chilli Peppers, Nine
Inch Nails, Blink 182, Chemical Brothers & Foo Fighters.  I am terribly
disappointed to announce there were no other drawcards from the UK which is
quite unfortunate as I believe their music is far superior to commercial
american crap (no offence intended as I am a self confessed obsessor of foo
fighters and Dave Grohl), except for Joe Strummer (Clash) and the
Mascaleros, unless Basement Jaxx are UK? (sorry I don't know).

Other bands featured were Beth Orton (US), Magic Dirt (AUS-Mel), Spiderbait
(AUS-Bris), the Cruel Sea (AUS-Mel) and various locals from Adelaide, such
as Seraphs Coal & Embodiment 12:14.  This was quite disappointing, as I
believe there is much more talent in SA than these Christian bands (yes,
they are Christian) and they are friends of mine, so I don't mean offence.

My day started drinking beer, and catching the last fifteen minutes of Magic
Dirt. (cry :( ). I then caught Blink 182 (unfortunately) and I really don't
know what I was doing for the rest of the day until I got to see Foo
Fighters & Chemical Brothers.  I don't normally get into that type of music,
but  they were not bad at all.  I still have sore legs from dancing.

My night ended at Shotz in the city, dancing to smiths and b&s, and thinking
what a shame of a day it was, as I didn't really get to see much that I
wanted because of the people I was with, and just thankful I didn't get that
burnt.

Other news - Gomez are touring.  They are not coming to Adelaide.  I am not
impressed.  Adelaide always misses out on such things, where as if they
don't know, they probably have a bigger fan base here than any other state.
Grrrrrr, grrrrrr.  I am very cross.

I'm not sure that there is anything else I can tell you except it is very
hot today as well (36C) and I have lots of work to do so I should go.

SWEETIE - how are you? let me know how you're going with your sister.

Cheers everyone

Juliya

"I always cry in movies,
it doesn't take that much to move me" - Career Girls