Sinister: Primal Bean

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 9 16:31:49 GMT 2000

Primal Scream, grrr!

Nick said this;

>But it puts me off.  I'm not very good at taking bands seriously
when
>their members are so daft.

then Rachel said this;

>i honestly do believe that the scream's music rises above
>whatever their band members are actually like.

I used to have a bit of a problem with bands who had wanky people
in them, but I'm not so bothered now. I think, like Rachel said, it's
not about the people in the end, its about the music and it just so
happens that arrogant, wanky types make that music. Mind you, all
the bands I *really* like are the ones where the members seem
okay, and that could be why I like Belle and Sebastian most of all. I
do think it affects lyrics, though, lyrics come from the heart.

I used to think that Bobby Gillespie was a jazz trumpeter, I think I
was a bit confused.

I also went through a stage of thinking that Peter Miller and Paul
Mitchell were the same person. It must have been the small letters
that got me so confused. Small letters? Oh no I won't bother with
those, there's too many of them, the big letters will do for me. It's
fun the way we don't know much about each other though, isn't it?
Some people think I'm a boy and some people think I'm a girl, which
I find quite titillating. I forget myself sometimes.

Oooh, I've just read that Stuart David has left the band. I've got
nothing against Stuart David, but he never really seemed to fit in too
well with the sound of the band anyway, so I don't think this is a bad
thing. It'll be a good thing for Looper too, I know Stuart D gets pissed
off that he's referred to as "that chap from Belle and Sebastian".
Speaking of Stuart David, I read Nalda Said the other day and it's
not half as bad as I thought it would be, it's quite good in fact.

Hmm, this email is far too dull. I think I'll say a rude word to make
things more exciting.

Bum!

That's done the trick!

	Robin x

PS: Congratulations Ailsa on your engagement. I suppose Stuart
David's departure puts the icing on the wedding cake, so to speak.
(sorry for that terrible joke, folks)