Sinister: computer geeks and bookish types

Paul Field Paulfie at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 9 16:48:22 GMT 2000

Hello all, firstly after Laura Llew (I think) mentioned Tom Robbins, I
thought I would copy this quote (from memory - so forgive any inaccuracies)
in a kind of response to Brandts message.

"Plans are one thing, and fate another. When the two coincide, success
results, but success should not be considered the absolute. It is
questionable, for that matter, whether success is an adequate response to
life, success can eliminate as many options as failure." Even Cowgirls Get
the Blues, Tom Robbins.

Also, anybody who knows much about computers will know what 'pointers in c'
are (for those who don't, it's something to do with a dull programming
language). Now, go to http://www.amazon.co.uk <http://www.amazon.co.uk>  and
search for 'pointers in c' in their books. (dunno if it works in
amazon.com). The results include one of everybody's favourites, the catcher
in the rye, and something else. Warning - it is not twee and may offend!
Though if you ask me it is bloody funny.

I'll go now before I embarrass myself any further.

Tatty-Bye
Paul.