Sinister: *and the bubble burst and poor Fubble tumbled into trouble

James Gilmer grey7 at xxx.net
Wed Feb 9 19:10:22 GMT 2000

    Greetings again Sinister Siblings, so Stuart David has left the
building, eh? Best of luck to him then. I'll admit to not caring for
Looper's album upon the first hearing but several Sinister Siblings poked
and prodded me into giving it a rehash. I must say that upon several more
listens it grew upon me and "Impossible Things #2" has found it's way onto a
mix tape of my favorite songs. I've even converted two more people to the
Holy Cause that is Sinister and Looper.

    Come now people!! I'm sure we can supply Erica with some more pictures
for her Sinister clothing project! Miss Scarlet is waiting impatiently for
all your Sinister styles.

    The Lovely Laura Llew said;
    "Not only did Jim Gilmer (who is the Tape God. Someone please make that
boy an idol) send me
Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs (which is tops)"

    You heard the lady Sinister Lads and Lasses! Bow down to the Tape God,
worship me with sacrifices of firstborn and virgins!! I am come among you to
bring passion and music to your lives! I am your living Tape God, praise me
or I'll take my infinite love away from this list!! ...*ahem*, sorry about
that. Slight case of my rampant megalomania kicking up again into drama
queen mode.

    I was called "normal looking" by someone yesterday, I believe it was
supposed to be a compliment. It's a skill really, being able to fit into
everyday society while maintaining a life of twee anarchy and Sinister
perversions. You know, perversions like reading and listening to music other
than Top 40 or country which saturates my little Michigan hometown.

    While at work I was spending my lunch break reading when another
employee came into the breakroom and seeing me engaged in such an odd
activity exclaimed, "Oh, a reader!". They are even now preparing a large
scarlet R for me even as we speak.

    Cheers to rachel for recommending the Gormenghast trilogy to me, it's
brilliant. Cheers as well to those mad nutters on the sinister chat for help
with finding Lucksmiths cd's and choosing reading material for an elementary
school project.

    Spiders do bite though I have not encountered any radioactive ones, the
little buggers can leave nasty marks and the bite tends to swell a little. A
friend of mine once told me that (according to him, he insists he saw this
on Discovery) it has been proven that we swallow about eight spiders a year.
They crawl into our mouths whilst we sleep seeking the warm humidity we
provide and then they simply get swallowed. Charming thought, eh?

    Much love and warm fuzzy thoughts to the dear souls who voted for me on
the list crush, you're both wonderful whoever you are.

    Oh, and let's start telling the story already!! Use that bit of wasted
space we call a subject line! You'll hurt our Dear Honey's feelings if you
don't play these sinister games with us.
Recommended reading: Cornelius Chronicles by Michael Moorcock

and with that....

Goodbye Rag! Goodbye Tag! Goodbye Bobtail!

Be Sinister children...

Jim