Sinister: A Spaced Boy's Dream

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Fri Feb 11 10:50:38 GMT 2000

David Moore said:

> My first B&S dream!
>
> Last night I dreamt that after nearly 12 months of nothing happening from
> Belle & Sebastian (at least that was available in public) one of the
> members left the band, & that despite this momentous news Sinister was so
> far up its collective bottom that the event passed without comment

David dreaming about bottoms again I see.  Next he'll be sending people
sheep as a "gift"!  Anyway, yes point taken, so you're all hereby
invited in an exception to usual list behaviour to actually discuss
Belle and Sebastian.  Here's something on it from nme.com to get your
motor running.  See it at:

http://www.nme.com/newsdesk/20000210200050.html

---

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN LOSE BASSIST

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN bassist STUART DAVID has left the band to focus
more on his own band LOOPER and to write more novels.

Stuart, one of the founding members of the group, rang nme.com today
to confirm the news, despite that fact that only last month, the
band's management strenuosly denied the story when we asked them if
it was true.

He told nme.com: "It was a rumour officially up until about a week
ago. About two weeks ago, I finally had a meeting with everyone,
what, with the album being finished, to see what everyone wanted to
do."

I decided then that I was spending too much time with Looper and with
my novel to be able to keep contributing enough Belle & Sebastian, or
to tour again with them. It was all very amicable and we'll stay
friends."

Stuart, who recently released his debut novel 'Nalda Said' continued
that he would not be replaced in the band, as most of the rest of the
band could play bass and would take it in turns to fill his old
position.

However, Stuart said he would still join the band when they recorded
their session for John Peel's Radio One show on March 1 - but it
would be the last time he played with them.

Looper will then join The Flaming Lips on their forthcoming US tour
as support.

For the rest of this exclusive interview, see next week's issue of
NME.

---

And what's all this about the new EP collection being called "Error
Bookmark Not Defined"?  I've often pondered if there could be anything
more awful than naming a band "co.uk".  I mean blimey!  Surely it's not
even a possible error?  "Error 404" would be much more appropriate.  Or
"Error Miss Crush Says: You Can't Vote For Yourself!".  Is it really
true Radio One genuinely thought it was called this as the result of a
cockup?  Tell me it isn't so.

Oh and: not only did Esosoft, the previous list providers so mess us up
that they took away our list with 2 days notice before Miss Print at
missprint.org plucked it out the flames, but they've now resurrected an
old version of it through fabulous incompetence!  Meaning that a few
people who mistakenly sent to the old address actually got posts
through to a subscriber list from two months ago, like a ghostly echo
of times from longe agoe.  I've tried to kill it dead now but please
all remember to post to the new list address:

	sinister at missprint.org

That applies to unsubscriptions too: some people are still sending to
the old address.  Pleeeease remember to send to:

	majordomo at missprint.org

Honey x