Sinister: Tuc Biscuits and Richard O'Sullivan

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 11 13:38:22 GMT 2000

Martin Robinson said:

> Or maybe my Grandmother was right. She once said while looking at
> an old photo of me and me in person, what a shame you used to such a
> handsome boy. Which was a bit harsh, especially as I was about 13 at the
> time.

You are SO right my dear.That's the story of my life.Since I was 13 at
least I am periodically and dutifully remembered by the senior members of
our family how lovely a toddler I made.When I was three or four,apparently
most human beings stop in the street to admire me.And when I look into my
own pictures, yes,I was GRATE. All cheeks and cheeky and a chatterbox and
playful.The time of my life.

I saw yesterday 'American Beauty' and that above is somehow related with
my concerns about becoming like Lester some time in the next future...If
in order to recover the beauty I lost I try to go back to my prime,
instead of smoking GM dope and playing Sid Barrett's old chums (70's Who
soundtrack would have been a touch of distinction), I am afraid I would
have to squander my grant in a vintage trycicle and start a diet mainly
consisting of fruit yoghurts.But after a sort of Sinister inspired visit
to an Early Learning Centre, it is not the way to go.Some B&S fan seemed
frightened when I said I didn't even like toys back then.Am I joyless?

And I nearly got Gingko Biloba to give a try, looking for inspiration.
But then recognizing the boring,traditional individual I am, purchased
some rought Scottish oatcakes I have been nibling constantly since.

Some other bit related with 'American Beauty' : we went yesterday to an
Italian restaurant where Julio Iglesias' greatest hits were constantly
played over and over again , apparently to provide a Mediterranean
atmosphere to the meal. I don't know if we could regard HULIO (as my dad
calls him) as elevator music, and his degree of appeal to Annette
Benning's character, but I couldn't help thinking of her while we enjoyed
the food,not so much the tunes. Maybe if haggis is on your plate, Struan
would help with your digestion, but it is more likely the restaurant
staff played along something like The Royal Balmoral Command of Bagpipers
Golden Moments,quite un-imaginatively.

xxxx

A-R-A-N-T-X-A