Sinister: let's talk about yes

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Fri Feb 11 14:28:27 GMT 2000

hello folks,

<< IF YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YES THEN I CAN TALK ABOUT PIGEONS >>

rescued a pigeon last week.  it wasn't a very daring rescue.  i got
home and there was a pigeon on the doorstep.  i opened the door and
the pigeon walked into the house.  i think it had just been hit by
a car or something, but it was only stunned and the rspca thought it
would be ok.

amanda reckons that pigeons are diseased vermin and made me scrub
the house with disinfectant.

<< IF YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YES THEN I CAN TALK ABOUT URIAH HEEP >>

there's this track by the john schroeder orchestra featuring an
uncredited vocalist who sounds very much like dave byron - the
original vocalist with crap 1970s heavy metal band uriah heep.

as part of my ongoing research into the life and times of john
schroeder i emailed the uriah heep website to try and find out
if it really is the late hippy metaller.  the uriah heep website
is run by a very helpful chap, and he forwarded my question on
to the band.

i have now received a reply from mick box, hairy guitarist and
sole remaining member of the original line up of uriah heep.

this is what the man with the cheekiest grin in rock said:

"I have no idea..Sorry mate,
Mick Box."

more uriah heep later.

<< IF YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YES THEN I CAN TALK ABOUT STUART DAVID >>

i hope this doesn't mean that paper boat will never be released.

will anyone be able to tell the difference between a "part time"
member of the band and a "full time" member of the band who hides
at the back and doesn't turn up half the time anyway?

i'm not suggesting that it's not a shame or anything, but personally
i'm looking forward to more low slung bass action from struan now.

<< IF YOU CAN TALK ABOUT YES THEN I CAN TALK ABOUT KEVIN BACON >>

a couple of weeks ago someone asked about a musical version of the
degrees of kevin bacon thing (looked in the archive but couldn't
find the message).  anyway, if you wanted to link b&s to other bands
there are a couple of good places to start.

as recently mentioned stevie sometimes plays with the bill wells
octet, as do members of such bands as the pastels.

even better, mick played on a record by mojave 3 also featuring
the prolific pedal steel player bj cole.  bj cole has appeared on
more records than anyone else in history, even a 1970s uriah heep
record.  this makes b&s two kevin bacon type steps from uriah heep.

i'm done now,
kevan

p.s. congratulations ailsa.  see you in vegas.

chickclick.com
http://www.chickclick.com
girl sites that don't fake it.
http://www.chickmail.com