Sinister: b&s article from a horrible record collector-y magazine hot off the press...

Ailsa Ross ar981611 at xxx.uk
Fri Feb 11 18:10:41 GMT 2000

Hello kids

mark powell wrote, and attached a great big load of bollocks , which
finally answered the age old question, who or what is Elvis...

> The'Lazy Line Painter Jane' EP is interesting for the fact that it contains the first Belle & Sebastian track written by Stuart David, 'A Century of Elvis'. He tells the tale of how he met his wife Kam (coconspirator in Looper), while underneath the band plays the track 'A Century of Fakers'

So not a dog, or a cat, or even a stick of broccoli (see archives).
Elvis is actually Wee Karn.  How romantic.

but what made the article amusing for me was

> the only appearance of the catchy 'Belle & Sebastian'...Its randy drumming ...

which made me laugh lots.  I know the bloke who drummed on "Belle and
Sebastian", and he's completely unbothered by the fact he drummed on a
B&S record, and would probably piss himself laughing if described as
"randy".

Anyway...

To answer the FAQs about my impending nuptials,

1. no, we haven't set a date (it'll be at least a year and half)
2. no, i'm not pregnant
3. he's called Neil
4. he will never like Belle and Sebastian, and I wouldn't expect him to
5. no you're not ALL invited, though some of you will be

And, no I'm not *that* pleased about Stu D leaving.  Even though I am
convinced he is taking the piss with his songs, I still quite like
them.  Better than Looper anyway.  Anyway, it leaves Isobel as my
undisputed least favourite person in the band, and we can't be having
that, people won't like it.

I am pleased about John Barnes leaving Celtic however, as being a Celtic
fan especially on efrom Inverness was becoming increasingly intolerable
these last few days.

DULL GLASWEGIAN ONLY BIT COMING UP....

Anyone going to see Vic Godard/Nectarine No 9 at the 13th Note tomorrow
night?  Me and Alasdair are, we'll see you there.  Maybe.

Ailsa xx