Sinister: yeah i know i promised to go away, delete me if you wish

ipecac spice dchard at xxx.ca
Fri Feb 11 20:02:45 GMT 2000

hello all. i was going to lurk but it turns out that i'm not very good at
it. i felt prompted to write by 2 messages really: alexander's and
jarkko's. i don't know if i really have much to say in response to
alexander's. i don't think i've ever been called an asshole before. i want
to cast my vote for someone deserving, but i'm not sure who is most
deserving. if anyone feels they're deserving feel free to write me with
your woeful tale and let me know. otherwise i will randomly vote for some
lucky person. i think that i need to stop worrying so much about what
people think of me and try harder to make everyone else feel special. i
think i'm a living self-fulfilling prophecy. i worry so much that people
won't like me that i don't say anything and end up looking like a snob so
than people don't like me and so on...i don't really agree about the
importance of valentine's day. i find it is more of a day for single
people to feel bad on than coupled people to feel special on. i ask
everyone to join me in a boycott of valentine's and celebrate
bitterness day. this is a day on which you get together with all your
friends and eat and watch a movie. it is also fun to growl at all the
couples on the streets. even couples themselves can participate, growl at
other couples or stay in so as not to rub their relationships in the faces
of lonely people.

as for jarkko's letter that brought tears to my eyes. why can't people be
better creatures. we think we are so wonderful b/c we can think yet look
at what we do with that capacity. i am ashamed for all humanity. and then
i feel badly b/c i am not doing anything to stop hate and ignorance. what
can you do about things like that web-site? i don't think it's a case of
ignoring tham and they will go away, but if people acknowledge them and
publicly discuss it then they are getting free publicity. i feel as though
i'm complicit (is that the right word?) no matter what.

congrats to ailsa. happy birthday to fiona.

-di

"i respect those who have faith even though they are ignorant"
-hemingway