Sinister: She's got the radio-active!

Katy MBP99KLC at xxx.uk
Sat Feb 12 16:27:36 GMT 2000

Hi everyone,

You know when you have an opinion about something and you're sure you're
right, even though no-one in the world agrees with you? Well most of the
music I like is reasonably cool (not that I like stuff just cos it's "cool"
and not that I claim any credit for that cos it was my ex-boyfriend who got
me to like anything except Green Day, not that there's anything wrong with
that cos stuff like "Kerplunk" was class) but today I was listening to my
old Sleeper tapes and, even though there were plenty of mediocre Sleeper
songs, some of them are really pretty. I'm not sure I'm going to convince
anyone with this argument - even the word "Sleeper" just makes you think of
"Cast" and "Shed Seven". But "Smart" was a brilliant record and even recent
songs like "Miss You" are very good. I just feel sorry for Louise Wener cos
I do think she had a lot of talent and she's mostly remembered as being
shit. Maybe I should write and tell her (Alexander?).

Also Jen said about some ridiculous thing they had to do in RE, describing
each other. This too makes me mad. Why do they make people do stuff like
that at school? What do they think is going to happen? Don't worry, you're
well cool ("and you know, you're a star, you'll go far..").

And it's all over with the boy I quite-liked-but-maybe-not-enough, leaving
me free to daydream again! I have decided the way to go is being really
good friends with someone, Holden and Jane style, and if anything happens
it's cos it's right. Only an idea though so we'll see...

katy

"You sold your old punk records, read the book instead
 You lost your sense of humour but you kept 'The Queen Is Dead'"
                                                - Sleeper