Sinister: re Jarkko's letter: who doesn't feel sick?

Moobury apytmw at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 13 13:06:46 GMT 2000

This lpost may seem rather old now, but I've only just got around to
reading the Sinister messages from the 10th onwards....  I'm quite
shaken up by Jarkko's letter regarding WBC.  I meant, I know that
highly predudices regigious sects exist all over the world, but to
publish what amounts to a modern day Klu Klux Clan site in a
public domain makes you really think hard about how much you
value free speach.

I find the hole history of free speach quite remarkable; in the past,
it has always been the fight of talented writers with insight and
courage battling against predudiced religious authorities to get their
works published and their ideas known, from Galilleo to Henry
Miller.  But now that an acceptable amount of free speach is the
norm for most people in most western countries (although far to
many people are denied even this basic right), it seems to be
abused by a minority of individuals and organisations, most of
whom are religious.  The whole national identity/national front thing
in England, encouraged by Enoch Powell, was (and still is) a way
of hiding gross racism behind a mask of religion.

I'm really sorry about this, but I feel utterly sick, and as much as I
love yr twee posts almost as much as much as I love ice cream,
today will be dominated by the kind of self loathing that always
settles in when I realise that I'm far too privledged in life.

I have very little understanding of what makes a person straight or
gay.  I think its something to do with the way the brain develops in
early pregnancy.  In the first month or so of  a human foetus, a
single layer of cells develops and divides.  Trought differentiation
and migration, the brain develops.  At this stage, many personality
traites are formed, such as the predominate handedness, things
like dyslexia, and yr inclinations over guys or girls.  The things
affecting this development include the balence of chemicals such
as eostrogen in the mother at the time, amoungst other thngs.  As
far as I can make out, this process is just as 'natural' for straight or
gay people.  If someone wants to insist that God gives life, then
they also have to admit that God makes people Gay, contrary to
one of his commands... mind you, he also creates people who, due
to real lack of sensitivity to certain emotional stimuli, we term
psychopaths... he creates people with a tendency to kill, then
judges them with hellfire or whatever?   Seems bullshit to me, even
assuming God exists.

Sorry to go on, once again... but I'm curious, can any of this
bullshit reasonably be reasoned?  I don't know much about biology
or neurology - I'm a philosophy student - but I do have an interest
inb whether ideas which seem ridiculous can be argued for.  I can't
imagine any possible way in which such blatent biggotry could be
defended, and I'd really love to meat someone who thinks
otherwise... preferably down a dark alleyway, armed with a
baseball bat and a healthy set of emotions....

Has anyone read to here?  hahaha, thought not.

Love to you all,

Mark xxxxxx