Sinister: 1 goal in 496 minutes...the u's are staying up!!

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Sun Feb 13 18:11:16 GMT 2000

happy valentines everyone!

yes i know i'm a day early but i won't get to my temperamental 'puter on the
day itself cos i will be FAR too busy doing very overdue english
coursework...look out for a bumper post from me then tomorrow... ;)

<i will do some work i will do some work...oh bollocks to it, it's only 3
weeks late, once you've missed one deadline you may as well miss the
rest...>

and in keeping with the valentines spirit, here's somthing from velocity:

>First of all... I loved Alexander's letter... it was
so agressively moving... and...
I'd like to thank the people who have given me
               my 3 votes and tell them
           I love them so much but I want to
ask them to vote for someone else now - someone who
have no votes at all - since those 3 votes made me
happy and kept me warm inside quite too long now... I
think it'd be rather selfish to keep them for
myself...

definitely, i am with velocity on this. except that when it comes down to it
i *am* rather selfish and, to be honest, dying to know who the 4 people
who've voted for me are...well, 3 out of the 4, i know who one is...so
please vote for other people, they're probably more worthy of your crush
anyway, but can you tell me who you are??

 puh-lease!!!

i have restrained myself from voting for everyone on sinister just to find
out, but i have hired a highly qualified detective doing admirable
guesswork, but i can no longer pay him now (he didn't accept mark owen
posters as valid currency...nor did he take up my offer of my egg poaching
expertise in exchange...i would let you into the secret of poached eggs a la
alexander's recipe, but then i would have to kill you. all. and also i don't
want to find out that everybody knows how to perfectly poach an egg without
the aid of one of those poaching contraptions...it is my most highly prized
skill, along with being able to open plastic bags first time...), so it is
up to you to show yourselves...

hey, someone's telepathic and already changed their vote...i can take it,
i'm nearly a grown up...;)

i did have other stuff to say, what was it?

can't remember, i am hungover. little recollections of last night keep
worming their way to the front of my brain...i can fully visualise the
win(!) over wycombe and dancing out of the ground with 2000 oxford fans
(yes, that IS how exciting a win is...), and also arriving in the pub and
having an intellectual(!) discussion about £2 coins - did you know oasis
have nicked their new album title from them? -  £2 coins are the checkout
operators version of list crush y'know...ooh phone

<rachel goes and answers the phone>

oh dear oh dear oh dear. this is terrible, apparently i rowed with my best
friend tom and let it slip that actually he annoys me more than anyone else
in the entire world and then ignored him all the way home...i'm suprised he
called me...i don't think he was too impressed with my grovelling and
desperate apologising just now...shit shit shit he hates me...this is a
crisis...i told you i wasn't crushworthy...fuck. now i feel awful and sicky
and generally a horrible person...see normally i row with people and make
up, this is not possible with tom. you row, friendship over. if thing's have
got tense before i always back down, it's the only way to keep the long term
peace...

<oh no, another terrible thought>

umm...i have vague rememberings of the jeepster (sorry honey) chatroom
too...if anyone was in there at some godawful time last night/this morning
and i was really abusive/irritating/drunk pain in the arse i am really
sorry. though surely i must have sobered up at some point?

i started this post in such a good mood and now...fuck. serves me right
though. i am a bitch, a proper one, not a meredith brooks one

still lovin' but leavin' you all, in a last ditch measure to patch up a
friendship

rachel xxxx