Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

Peter Miller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sun Feb 13 21:20:17 GMT 2000

Thanks for all the moral guidance we've been having. I must remember
to pass it on to any ten year olds I bump into. You don't need me to
vote for you to know that I think you're special, especially if you've
got a big "upstairs".

Biggie props to Kevan for investigating the life of John Schroeder so
thoroughly. It's a pity that Uriah Heep bloke didn't know the answer.
Still, at least he called you "mate", shows he's still down to earth,
like Barry Sheene. From the look on their faces, I wouldn't be
surprised if those two shire horses on the cover of that Jethro Tull
album knew, you should ask them. If it's any encouragement, I looked
for tracks by Nita Rossi the other day. I looked on that tape you did
me. But there weren't any.

So Stuart David is leaving us, is he? That Peel session will probably
be an emotional occasion, otherwise there'll be some stamping of feet
and big huffs. I think we should all rush out and buy the next Gentle
Waves album, just on the off-chance.

I've been reading a fantastic book, "The Message" by Rodd Lumsden and
Stephen Troussé. My favourite bit is when the hapless Troussé and his
assistant go to a school to read out Boyzone lyrics to children.
Didn't get arrested or anything. My other favourite thing about the
book is the almost visible straining by several contributors not to go
on and on about Morrissey. You should all rush out and buy it now, it
mentions B&S too. And you'll be helping an NGO.

Has anyone seen/experienced/been to Howie B's Pussyfoot Posse? It's
here next week and I'm wondering how guilty to feel about not going. I
like Howie B because I read an interview where they asked him aren't
you a big square for going on tour with U2, and he answered no,
because he could flick bogies at 60 000 people a night.

Peter

PS: Blake, I don't know, I've never heard them.
PPS: Nick, what do you mean, "loads of other rubbish"? You're supposed
to be making me feel special :-(