Sinister: blah blah and some printmaking stuff

kitten mouse kittenmouse at xxx.com
Sun Feb 13 22:28:14 GMT 2000

hi again,
i must say, i was rather insulted by alexander's post (name-calling always
rubs me the wrong way), but at the same time, i've been checking the list
crush votes ever since to see if i've got one.  so i concede, he's a great
kid and right for the most part, too, so i guess i'll submit my vote after
i'm done here.  i just don't like being called an asshole for not
participating in things, ye know?

anyway, my life just gets more pathetic every day.  i don't think my
boyfriend is ever going to come back from chicago now.  he's been there for
a couple months and i won't get into details why (although it has to do with
family things, not our relationship).

i went to a party last night at a friend's house.  they've got a new roomie
who just moved here from nyc, and she's really nice and whatnot.  she has
tons of musical instruments (even a theremin, which is much more authentic
than my tiny little palm pilot theremin) and she even saw belle and
sebastian live when they were in new york at the supper club.  we're going
to pay a visit to guitar center (evil!) next weekend.

anyway, i'm sure i could fill you in on lots of other dull things about my
life, like the scarf i'm knitting and whatnot, but i'll spare you the
details.

blah blah blah,
andrea

P.S.
DON'T READ THIS UNLESS YOU ARE A PRINTMAKER OR WANT TO BE BORED SILLY
well, there's one slightly exciting thing, i guess.  i might have invented a
new printmaking method...i'm not sure.  i've just never read about it (but i
haven't read much on printmaking) and i've never heard of it (but i haven't
talked to that many experts), so if anyone's ever heard of this, tell me,
cause i won't mind if it isn't original.  basically, it's a lithography for
lazy people, in that it looks kinda like lithography, but you don't use a
stone and it has nothing to do with resistance of oil and water.  what you
do is take a piece of sign-making plastic (it's called sintra), and draw on
it with a dark china marker (which is oil/wax based crayon thingy that you
sharpen by unwrapping the paper).  then you roll another color of ink over
it (whatever you want the background color to be) or some sort of oil based
medium (if you want the background to be w/o color) with a brayer.  then put
it (and a piece of paper, silly) thru a flatbed roller press with lots of
pressure.  the oil based ink transfers the china marker onto the paper, and
oh, whatever...you probably aren't really interested in this.  sorry.  but
really, any thoughts?  contributions?