Sinister: JD is taking over my life

The Narrow Wizard ol01 at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 14 00:29:07 GMT 2000

Thought I'd come to the computer lab to avoid sending my flatmates as mad
as me, the problem is I've developed a new addiction, no not Jack Daniels
but Joy Division. More on this later but first,

mark said 'philosophy student' and 'religion'
as a fellow philosophy student I can share with you a great way to annoy
overly religious god botherers. Ask them if an omnipotent God could devise
a maths problem so hard that it could never be solved. they invariably
reply that he could cos he can do anything, all you need do now is ask
them whether or not God could solve this problem. A lovely little dilema
for them, just remember only to use it on intolerant biggots and not
decent people who just happen to believe in God.

Rachel said 'I want to know who my crush votes are from' and 'vote for
someone else not me'
well OK, one was from me and I shall unvote as soon as I can work out how
to vote for nobody cos the state that I am in at the minute a crush from
me is the last thing you would want.

Andrea (kitten mouse) said 'theremin'
which reminded me of the last time I saw Mercury Rev play live. the
theremin noises were not played by a theremin which I wouldn't have minded
too much if it were not for the fact that they had one onstage which they
pretended to play. Back when I first saw them live (It was my first ever
gig, I was 15 and not all wrinkled and 22 like now) David Baker was still
with them and he would not have stood for that sort of shit, he was a
proper mad one, they had a flute player who came on and played with them
for about 30 seconds and then left again, it's stylish to pay someone for
30 seconds work a night. Baker taped his head up while screaming into the
mike as well, and then argued with the rest of the band, they didn't get
on too well, he travelled separately for the entire tour and just saw them
for shows. I think he should re join the band now, the album Boces was
better than anything the talentless cunts have done without him whatever
crap hype machines like melody maker might say.

now onto my slight problem,
I can't listen to the mighty Belle and Sebastian at the minute,
or just about any other music,
nothing at all in fact
except for Joy Division.
Every time I turn on my sound system I feel the need to listen to them, if
I put on other music I just get bored with it in less than 5 minutes and
have to stop it and play more JD. I think my flatmates are becoming a bit
worried by this but the thing is I have been of the oppinion that JD are
the finest band to ever exist for many years now and they just sound
better every time you listen to them. This has been going on for a couple
of days and it's kind of weird but I really can't enjoy any other music
right now. Perhaps I can break it by listening to some Galaxie 500, it
could work if I start with their cover version of Ceremony but I don't
know if I can listen to other stuff by them.
I'm even listening to a Minidisc of JD live in Preston right now.

Hmmm time for bed I think
night night
      owen

PS has anyone got a suggestion for what to call my 6-a-side footy team
this year...my current favourite is The Joy Division.

PPS appologies for a couple of diary posts followed by an unhinged one.

With that the narrow wizard waggled his bushy eyebrows and disappeared in
a flash of blue flame leaving behind only a faint smell of cinnamon