Sinister: *so she hiked her skirt up and went in to see the fairy King...

James Gilmer grey7 at xxx.net
Mon Feb 14 19:00:02 GMT 2000

The story seems to be going a bit by the wayside doesn't it?

Hello Sinister Siblings, with luck your Happy Sappy Day is happy enough.
Peter Miller had this to say and it could use repeating:

"Thanks for all the moral guidance we've been having. I must remember
to pass it on to any ten year olds I bump into. You don't need me to
vote for you to know that I think you're special,"

Cheers to Peter for that, though I did snip off the "upstairs" bit, sinister
boy he is. I'm afraid the only moral advice I have to share is to wash
behind your ears and wear clean underwear, because you really never know do
you? I shouldn't have to tell you all how nice and such you are right? and
no one wants a mercy vote do they?

    My list crush vote is staying right where it is thank you very much, my
crush has been most wonderful to me. Yes, I even know who it is and even was
one of the beautiful Miss Crush's matches.

Random B&S content: I really, really don't like "Boy done wrong again". Not
even the Black Sessions version. I dislike it even more than "Electronic"
from Tigermilk. Anyone else have a B&S song they just actively don't care
for?

Cheers to Lovely Llew for introducing me to the joy that is the Elephant Six
Collective, more brilliant stuff I had never heard of. I also must add I'm
happy to have converted someone from the list to my personal favorite band
K's Choice. Oh, B&S is next in line I promise you, but K's holds a special
place in my heart.

Massive cheers to the wonderful and lovely Erica on her last posting for
having the only post in a month to actually make me laugh out loud. Yes, it
is a "bunch of arse" and all the rest of that. Hmmmm, I may have to take her
advice about "Playground Love", would Miss Scarlet lead us wrong?

Someone mentioned Joy Division and so I thought I'd share this from Zen
Entertainment:

"Danny Boyle's expected feature about the
Manchester music scene may be a biopic on the band JOY DIVISION,
which became NEW ORDER after frontman Ian Curtis hung himself"

    Personally, I never really cared for Joy Division, though I did like
some of New Order's stuff. At the risk of being lynched I must say Morissey
just annoyed me.

    zoe mentioned her friend who didn't like B&S because it was too
happy...well, I guess some people like being unhappy, maybe it makes them
feel more relevent. Having been down in the dark places myself for a time
I'm afraid I still can't see the attraction. Oh, but I must say that Pink
Floyd had their moments. Even though I like Floyd my favorite album is the
one many never heard of, The Final Cut.

    Speaking of slightly depressing bands, I've been listening to Black Box
Recorder's "England made me" of late and I must say it's damn fine stuff.

More random B&S stuff: does anyone know if the tab/lyrics/music book will
include the odds and ends such as Paper Boat? I know the ep's are going to
be in it but what about those poor homeless songs?

Looking back I see this post prolly isn't as funny/filthy/relevent/twee/etc
as it could/should be so all apologies for not passing the test, I was never
very good at grandstanding.

Be Sinister children...

Jim

"Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it"- Black Box Recorder, "England
Made Me"

"If you like music more than life, something's wrong. If you think that this
song matters, somethings wrong"-K's Choice, "Something's Wrong"