Sinister: and not everyone with depressions wears it on their sleeve.. .

Tiago Romeu cjromeu at xxx.pt
Tue Feb 15 11:24:36 GMT 2000

>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 19:12:30 +0000
>From: Nick.Dastoor at xxx.uk
>
>I'm sure your friend would claim you're misquoting her.  But if not, you can
>tell her from me HA HA HA HA HA.  Yeah man, like he really 'lived it'.
>Sometimes I wonder if I've built up a straw man when I set myself against
this
>kind of absurd position, so it's nice to see there really are people who hold
>believe in it.  Depressed = profound = worthwhile.  Yeah, right.
>
>I don't actually deny that there are some artists whose mental illness and
>artistry are impossible to disentangle, but to over-extend from this and say
>that if art isn't doomy and/or epic then it's second-rate, well that's just
>bloody daft.  And not everyone with depression wears it on their sleeve.

hummmmm... not only he has lived but he also died for it. as far as i know,
he commited suicide precisely due to a neurosis of maniac-depression. i
believe you are onyl against the fact that people consider him worthwhile
just because he suffered. that is wrong, but don't misjudge himself just
because *some* people tend to do that.
he is worthy because he made beautiful and very honest, simple and personal
music.
and b&s may be a bit more uplifting but songs like "the boy done wrong
again" or "we rule the school" are not that far away from nick's atmosphere
itself.

about charles schultz                        =>         tender people
should not die.

a sinister handshake
tiago