Sinister: depression? eh?

idle berry idleberry at xxx.com
Tue Feb 15 13:12:03 GMT 2000

well, personally I reckon theres a lot of arrogant and
frankly, disgustingly ignorant people discussing
depression at the moment.
while its easy for people to look at it and think
"yeah! right" and consider it merely a trend, you know
theres a lot of people who suffer depression for real.

Depression is something i'm sure we've all experienced
at some point in our lives, whether it is the death of
a member of our family or a friend (grief) or if its
just having a low day (crap). There's nothing black
and white about it, what might get me upset for
example, won't bother other people. and vice versa.
I don't believe that just because someone can say "I
am depressive" as a medical statement means that they
are the only one with the right to be depressed. There
are many different levels of depression. Sometimes
depression is a lot deeper and sometimes it passes by
with time, depending upon the situation and
circumstances.
And I certainly don't think that its a term that
people who suffer it on a medical level use lightly to
make themselves sound "profound". In fact, I can't
really imagine why anyone would say it to make
themselves sound profound or interesting. So if you
really want to discuss this, at least have a little
thought for what you're discussing and the people who
you so arrogantly dismiss for saying they have
depression.

Whether its about being medically depressed or being
depressed on a level thats not quite so dark, its not
a subject that should be treated so flipantly.

Thanks.

=====
visit the idle site:http://www.geocities.com/idleberry