Sinister: Auction of b&s goodies/catholics have no problem with gay people, just gay sex

BabyChris Crystalballs babychriscrystalballs at xxx.com
Tue Feb 15 14:18:57 GMT 2000

okay. hi.
First things first - I'm holding an auction (on ebay)
of signed b&s records (all the lps) and posters
(modern rock song, tigermilk, and manchester town hall
gigs) It's all helping to pay for an adventure week
for some kids with learning and behavioural problems.
if you want to check out that it is all "pukka" and
above board, go to
http://www.outwardbound-uk.org/project_skills.html

okay? I'll give more details of the auction tomorrow.

next - the section 28 thing. I could go on for an age
and a fucking half about this. I think if people are
going to discuss this, then they should know the facts
of both sides of the argument.
I personally don't believe that a homosexual lifestyle
and family environment(ie. - katy stays with ron and
dave, or whatever that book was) should be promoted as
a replacement for a hetrosexual family environment, as
it CANNOT BE EQUAL - there are two 'fathers' or
'mothers'. although I am a catholic (and incedentally,
the cardinal lives 4 houses away from me, and is a bit
of an arsehole, as stu M pointed out) religion doesn't
really enter my argument.
However, the catholic church HAS NO PROBLEM WITH
HOMOSEXUALS. However, it does not agree with
homosexual acts (ie. sex) due to it's definition of
the purpose of sex. It believes that sex is a sign of
commitment in a permanent loving relationship. It also
belives that sex is there to consumate marriges and
create a physical bond between two people,  to create
a reminder of thier love, in the form of a child.

also, just the simple physiological structure of man
and woman is such that they are desinged to have sex
with one another.  Apparently some grown men have had
to walk around with nappies due to damage caused to
their arse muscles. our re teacher told us that. he
also told us how lesbian sex 'happens'. That whole
fisting malarkey was news to me.
We DO talk about sex in re. We DO talk about
homosexuality, and hetrosexuality. We DO NOT deny that
gay people exist. we do realise that boys fancy boys,
and girls fancy girls. we do not have a problem with
that. we just do not agree with any sort of sex ouside
marriage, whether it be homo or hetrosexual.

In fact, all the catholics that I know are more
tolerant of homosexuals that the people I know who are
not gay. Why? because part of the christian way of
life is that everyone is equal, no- one should be
picked on due to being different. and we do realise
that other people have other views, and while I may
not agree with them, I respect their right to have
them.

I don't think that promoting homosexuality in schools
will change anything, because bigoted attitudes, are
more often than not, created in the home, and no amout
of persuading by a teacher will change a childs views
from what thier parents taught them. If the parents
were not bigoted, then neither would the children be.

AND,AS STU m SAID - Stagecoach is SHITE. even if it
costs less. But First Bus GAY? how can a bus company
have a sexuality?

beats me.

I hope I haven't offended anyone in this mail. I just
wanted to put across the true story of the catholic
church, as they are so often misquoted, and
misunderstood.

remember the auction.

Chris (not an arse-hole)