Sinister: you are a bit of an asshole

Angel Blackwell angel_blackwell at xxx.com
Tue Feb 15 15:40:12 GMT 2000

i just read this from Chris:
"I personally don't believe that a homosexual lifestyle
and family environment(ie. - katy stays with ron and
dave, or whatever that book was) should be promoted as
a replacement for a hetrosexual family environment, as
it CANNOT BE EQUAL - there are two 'fathers' or
'mothers'."
Oh what utter bullshit. This truly is the heat of the argument isn't it?
Define family. Well, just because we can't create a life doesn't mean that
we can't nurture it and help it to grow healthy. There is no perfect family,
and I believe if you ask around in your obvious little world that there is
no perfect family. Not only can we be equal but I could be an improvement.
One male and one female is not the ideal; no one person can define what
makes this absolutely required in a family.
Then I further read:
"However, the catholic church HAS NO PROBLEM WITH
HOMOSEXUALS. However, it does not agree with
homosexual acts (ie. sex) due to it's definition of
the purpose of sex. It believes that sex is a sign of
commitment in a permanent loving relationship. It also
belives that sex is there to consumate marriges and
create a physical bond between two people,  to create
a reminder of thier love, in the form of a child."

Why oh thank you. Well you can keep your type of sex. And that lovely little
insight into what happens between same sex couples is proof that your little
Catholic teacher is practising his/her Catholic upbringing by grossly
generalizing the issue. The physical nature of humans and animals in general
has been around a lot longer that the notion of your religion.
You have offended me but you have brought to light the teachings of the
Catholic Church. The arrogance as well as an attempt at compassion. My
government (Can.) is going through the same argument right now and one of
the bigger arguments is Canada is not a church state. We are not ruled by
one religion, we are protected to practice our religion even if it includes
not following one at all. I want the same protection, awareness, compassion
as everyone else without being reminded that I receive this only because I
can be tolerated.

Ugh...I've had too much caffeine I think.
a.