Sinister: My face is leaving in 15 minutes, etc.

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Feb 15 16:36:03 GMT 2000

My sinister belles and beaux,

I'm not sure I've got Nicky D's point exactly, but the genius/mental illness
thing - the best example in my little canon of knowledge is modern goddess
Kristin Hersh. in case you've been unfortunate enough to miss out on her
solo stuff and time with Throwing Muses, track down the song "Delicate
Cutters" from the first Muses album. It was for years my favourite song in
the world, despite the almost-irritating wailing sections (but don't let me
put you off!), and will always be incredibly important to me even as music
becomes less of a way of life (and, sadly, this is happening continuously).
The fact that she wrote it while pregnant and half-mad does make me believe
that it wouldn't have had half the emotional, 4 real power it has if she'd
been, erm, chemically conventional.

But at the same time Nicky is spot on about depression NOT equalling genius.
It's almost always a fake, kids, don't let it take you in. It doesn't have
to be so, but I think you can be pretty sure than anything that is marketed
as such is about as 4 real as Lenny Kravitz.

BabyChris wrote an interesting post, sections of which I disagree with
(though I was looking to pick holes, I must admit).

"However, the catholic church HAS NO PROBLEM WITH
HOMOSEXUALS. However, it does not agree with
homosexual acts (ie. sex) due to it's definition of
the purpose of sex. It believes that sex is a sign of
commitment in a permanent loving relationship. It also
belives that sex is there to consumate marriges and
create a physical bond between two people,  to create
a reminder of thier love, in the form of a child."

Um...Isn't having impure thoughts a sin in your church? It is in all the
hilarious vicar-in-the-cupboard sex comedies I've seen. Which kind of
buggers (scuse the phrase) most gay people, I'd guess. And it seems obvious
that gay relationships do actually fulfil most of the above criteria, with
the exception of procreation. I don't quite understand the phrase "a
reminder of their love" - why on earth would they need a reminder? So what
I'm saying, basically, is I think Chris is being a wee bit of an apologist,
and perhaps needs to think a little more about his faith and his approach to
homosexuality. But I do appreciate what he's saying, and I did find his
letter enlightening in many ways.

However, my favourite bit of his letter was the following:

"In fact, all the catholics that I know are more
tolerant of homosexuals that (sic) the people I know who are
not gay."

There's a free entry to the next Tigermilking (provisionally Friday 10th
March, kids!) for the first person to send me an accurate Venn diagram
representing the above statement. Mmm, GCSE maths...

Sarah and Leyla do rock, though, don't they?

Non-gay, non-choose-you-own-adventure (sigh) Mark xxx

The contents of this e mail from HIT Entertainment PLC are
confidential and intended for the addressee only.  If you are not
the intended recipient you must not copy or further distribute
this e mail; please notify us by telephone on 020 7224 1717, and
delete the e mail from your computer.

This e mail has been checked by our anti-virus system before leaving us;
we accept no responsibility for the e mail and any attachments once they
leave us.

www.hitentertainment.com

www.bobthebuilder.org