Sinister: Auction of b&s goodies/catholics have no problem with gay peopl...

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Tue Feb 15 18:43:57 GMT 2000

In a message dated 2/15/00 9:30:04 AM Eastern Standard Time,
babychriscrystalballs at yahoo.com writes:

<< However, the catholic church HAS NO PROBLEM WITH
 HOMOSEXUALS. However, it does not agree with
 homosexual acts (ie. sex) due to it's definition of
 the purpose of sex. It believes that sex is a sign of
 commitment in a permanent loving relationship. It also
 belives that sex is there to consumate marriges and
 create a physical bond between two people,  to create
 a reminder of thier love, in the form of a child. >>

First off I have to express sympathy for Chris because I too was raised
Catholic and even went to Catholic school for my formative years as well.
The Catholic Church will pound their ideals into your head until you are a
helpless automaton simply on "repeat" for the rest of your life.  I'm not
saying Chris is a helpless automaton, but I'm guessing the above is something
he was told and not something he's reasoned for himself.
To the heart of the matter: if sexual relations are so undefilable to
Catholics that they'd be wholeheartedly for the stripping of the rights of
gays, then why the hell are priests screwing 8-year-old choir boys left and
right?  In Baltimore alone 13 priests are on trial for those kind of offenses
this year, and I've heard of "fathers" still at it today.  Perhaps they don't
have a problem with homosexuality per se, but I don't think it validates
their case any to say they only have a quarrel with its practice.  Thats a
nice little subversion.  "We don't hate gays, we just hate it when they ACT
gay."  If that were the case then they'd ostensibly be all for gay marriages
as long as they swear to abstinence, right?  If were only the casual sex that
upset them, they'd have done away with a good number of themselves by now.
Catholicism is famous for rendering tons of guilt on its practitioners so
let's not pretend they actually have objective viewpoints on anything.
Furthermore, what Chris stated above implies that Catholics believe only
homosexuals have casual sex and that hetero-folks only do it when they want a
child.  I don't even need to attack that one, because it just doesn't stand
up at all.
Chris, none of that was meant personally so I hope it doesn't upset you.
Love and the Great Pumpkin

Steve C.