Sinister: re. Well, i suppose u may guess...

Adam Chapman dunca_chap at xxx.com
Tue Feb 15 23:24:20 GMT 2000

  Right. Here, for what its worth is my view on the whole gay disscussion.
Now, this probably isn't terribly well thought through, and the execution
will doubtless leave something to be desired, but thats just my way, and
you'll just have to put up with it. In short i'm in general agreement with
Alisa et al, so i'll spare you all my going over that ground again - it
would only bore you all, and certainly, it would irritate me. However, the
history of the catholic church, as with the history of all supposed *moral*
authorities [and in this, i include any religion you care to name, and quite
possibly the entire human race], contain hypocracy in large measure. This
should really go without saying, and i for one am not, and would not claim
to be immune. As the Sikhs have it, no one can claim a monopoly on truth,
and frankly, what people get up to between themselves is no real business of
mine, and as such i feel i have no right to prescribe, still less to condemn
the actions of others if no *harm* is caused by these actions. To base any
such condemnation upon the Bible is still less acceptable, given that on the
basis of that document, 'God'* is at best indecisive, and at worst, well,
see the history of the Crusades...

*'God', in the context of this document is a strange presence, given that
the worlds major religions offer so much overlap i.e. Juruselem, the River
Ganges etc, so what its absolute view on homosexuality may or may not be is
essentially anyones guess, to which i believe an answer is unlikely to be
forthcoming, so you may as well accept both the existence and practice of
it, while condemning such abuse as occurs.

   My point i suppose is this; what the hell gives US the right to judge?
Yes, bigotry is a pain, but intolerance should not be met with intolerance.
Please remember this while writing me off as a tired, hand-wringing, wet
liberal.

Thankyou and goodnight, delete at will.

Adam