Sinister: This shirt makes you look pretty ugly......

Pete Ramsdale peter.ramsdale at xxx.com
Wed Feb 16 10:55:36 GMT 2000

I'm lying, of course. It's rather natty really. No, that's just
another in a long line of lyrics I've misheard. Anyway......

Mornin'!

And it bloody well is as well. Notice I left the 'Good' out. That'll
be something to do with the beer I got through last night. Dear Points
of View, why oh why oh why are all pub quizzes midweek? Nevermind.

So StuD has gone, then?? Startlingly quick on the uptake, me. This
sends various worries fleeting across what nominally passes for my
brain, you know. The main one being a feeling that this could be the
beginning of the end, although it's made a lot less likely because he
didn't leave after any sort of falling-out. Which is good, at least.
I, for one, though, am a bit disappointed that there will be no more
songs like A Century of Elvis and A Space Boy Dream. Pillory me all
you want, but I like 'em. Probably comes from listening to too much
Mogwai, Prolapse, Arab Strap, and various other bands who occasionally
like to witter on a bit over a nice tune. Nothing wrong with it, if
you ask me. It will, as Fiona said, be quite interesting to hear their
fist batch of stuff written and performed without him. At least it
will show us whether Belle and Sebastian is just Stuart Murdoch, or a
sum of collective parts. I'd prefer to think of them as the latter, I
guess - although I realise that the focal point and defining character
of any band is their singer (especially if he/she writes most of the
songs), but it would be nice to think that the other members provide
their fair share. On the other hand, of course, it wouldn't, since
that would mean that B&S are now a little worse than they were. Oh, I
don't know. You decide. And then mail me with the conclusion you come
to, cause I'm buggered if I can reach one.

Other business:

We got a post from Archel! Smashin' super grate. Here's what you would
have won if you hadn't have been so crap. I thought she was gone
forever, you know. But no! Stuff like that makes my day. Well,
something has to. Also in that category (making my days) is the return
of LJ. Bit like the return of the Mac, really, only with better music
and more dyke skeelz. And less chance of being jailed. Probably.

Starry said:

> arsemusclesdamagenappies

which, although I didn't find quite as good in it's original format,
did indeed make me shit myself laughing. Too much damage to my arse
muscles, I suppose.

And then Alex:

> botchelism

which, if anyone remembers, or remotely cares, reminded me very much
of the trouble I had with 'sarchasm' - namely thinking it was a
spelling mistake when it wasn't. (See the archives. If they ever get
fixed.....;-) ). So, I had a look in websters, and lo and behold, it
happened again:

"botchelism (n.) - a failed attempt to poison yourself with gone-off
food."

Well, bugger me, I thought. Until, that is, I remembered it would
cause more damage to my arse.

And you'll all be glad to know that that's it.

Stay cool, won't you.

lol p xx.
--

 "You take the blue pill, and the story ends. You wake in your
  bed, and you believe what you want to believe. You take the red
  pill - you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the
  rabbit-hole goes......."

 Pete Ramsdale - Unix Systems Administration, Warburg Dillon Read
 Phone: 0171 568 3836

related financial instruments.