Sinister: (A lazy little fucker like me) making one of my friends feel so guilty about her cynisism. Spelt wrongly.

Alasdair Cook MC1996 acook at xxx.uk
Wed Feb 16 16:26:11 GMT 2000

This whole Section 28 thingy is depressing me. But that doesn't mean I'm
going to become profound, unfortunately. However since every argument
from the catholic church is based on God's existence, an idea which I
find patently absurd, there's no point in me saying anything. Apart from
that whatever people do in their own bedrooms is NONE OF MY BLOODY
BUSINESS. They could be playing with their model train sets for all I
care. Now THAT could make for interesting sex. Train goes in the
tunnel.....sorry. Choo-choo!

Onto to happier things. Like Vic GODard, who was quite literally genius
on a stick when I saw him at the weekend. Which made up for the fact
that I had to go by myself, since certain soapboxers thought it wasn't
worth 5 quid. No Stool Pidgeon, but we can't have everything we want,
can we children? Else we'll go blind, I think. Or is that just wanking?
Even The Nectarine No 9 sounded pretty good, after I'd almost dismissed
them as boring art-wank. Which they are a bit, still. But not as much.

Still, not quite as good as last year's "Kool Katz & Krazee Cittens"
festival in Glasgow, when I saw Home Economics support The Apprentice
Badgers. Pure Class. If anyone hasn't got The 'Badgers second album,
'Bitter Suites and Salty Settees', go out and get it now. It's on Ekoja
records and it's fab.

Ian:
> so...down to business....alasdair, get your kecks down and bend over!

Lovely Ian, you know that if I fancied boys you'd be the first on my
list, but like Popeye before me, I yam what I yam. You'll just have to
make do with a kiss the next time I see you. Please shave though, I
don't like stubble.

Martin and Arantxa moaned about their best years being behind them.
Blimey, given how gorgeous they are now, their younger selves must have
stopped traffic! Which is something I often do, but only if there's
money in the middle of the road. Which there is, if the Barenaked Ladies
are anything to go by.

Also, I think Owen is just making this stuff up now to keep his
reputation going. The boy must be red raw!

"He wants to remember things exactly as he left them on that Sunday
night."

I was listening to the B&S Bowlie set again last night, something I
haven't done for ages. I'd advise anyone who was there and has a copy of
it to give it another listen and let them memories come a flood flood
flooding back. I'm a little sad that we may never hear Winter Wooskie
again, cos I really love that song. Even Paper Boat sounded quite good
in context ("I think we're gonna see the sun/ I think we're gonna have
some fun"). And how come I have managed to miss until now StuM shouting
"FUCKING HIT ME!" near the end of LLPJ? Or is that not what he says at
all? I want to be back there now, cos I'm bored. But hey ho, only 7
weeks until the next one.

Genevieve:
>  I prefer stubble to
> tigers-ears.

I prefer Tiger-ears, especially when pretty girls are wearing them. And
when I'm wearing them. As I've already said, stubble is bad.

I never use Stage-Coach buses, only First Bus ones. Aren't I grate?
Don't answer that.

Sorry this has been a bit shit, I'm having to rush off. There's probably
loads of hilarious errors which you can laugh at as I don't have time to
check. Bye.

Alasdair xx