Sinister: i think that's what he said, but i need to hear it on a maxell

Michael Cronshaw michael at xxx.net
Thu Feb 17 21:56:59 GMT 2000

Hello peeps,

This is my first time (blush).

I just thought I'd give an opinion on what is said at the end of Lazy Line
Painter Jane at the Bowlie.

Alasdair said;
And how come I have managed to miss until now StuM shouting
"FUCKING HIT ME!" near the end of LLPJ? Or is that not what he says at
all?

Nick said;
Much as I'd like to believe that Stuartmmm got so excited by the occasion
that
he wanted the pain with the pleasure, I think he's actually saying 'FUCKING
HIT
IT, BEANS!' as in Chris 'Beanz' Geddes, who is giving the his organ a damn
good
thrashing at the time.

I'd always assumed it was "FUCKING HIPPIES!", directed at the audience. And
I thought it must have been Stuart D that said it, with his disaffection
with the band being obvious, and with his Looper making electronic music, it
would fit that B&S folkies at a festival could be seen as 'hippies'. Plus,
even if it wasn't Stuart D, at least some members of B&S are (gulp, er, um)
music marketing people, and therefore may not be in tune with some of their
fans' values? (Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan)

But thanks to Nick I can now see a less cynical viewpoint (even if I'm not
entirely convinced).

I should really know who said whatever it was anyway, as I was there, in
body. I like to think that I'm the drunken twat who's screaming 'woo hoo'
far too loud and suchlike inbetween songs, but I guess I'm not the only one
who thinks that...

Mikey.x
hmm...
"There she was just a-walking down the street singing
'doo-wah-diddy-diddy-dum-diddy-doo'
Paul Jones

"And in the seventies there were Osmonds, there were lots of Osmonds, there
were lots of little Osmonds everywhere, everywhere, oh everywhere"
Lawrence