Sinister: * There was a wee hedgehog called Fubble

honey at xxx.org honey at xxx.org
Thu Feb 17 23:42:56 GMT 2000

My goodness!  Hark at you all, all a-buzz and red-cheeked and engaged
in furious debate over Sodom and Gomorrah!  /me says nothing(*) and
hopes you all just keep an eye on your audience. :)

OK.  The archives.  Yes, I'm sorry they've been a real bowl of porridge
(I *like* porridge) in the last few weeks, Jeff who runs the
mail-archive.com service has had some horrible unfortunate hardware
problems, poor soul.  He'll be right as rain soon (do I make him sound
like a robot? I mean his server), but I've decided to move them anyway,
because running the software myself means the search will be better (so
you can search for messages that contain "eggnog", "fishcake" but not
"arse muscles"), and the archives will be bang up to date as new
messages arrive just like the good old days.  Heath from
belleandsebastian.org has been very kind again and offered me more
space, and they're up and running now.  To see them go to the link on
the Sinister home page or just hop to:

	http://www.missprint.org/sinister/archive.html

Unfortunately a bizarre occasional error in compiling the search
index has defeated me now for a week (who can tell me why
glimpseindex core dumps with signal 11 on FreeBSD? who can tell me
why evil people prosper?).  So for searching the archives you'll be
redirected to the old site for now.  But the new archives above
should be up to the minute from now on as posts arrive on the list,
and I'll fix the search "soon".

Martin Rissbrook said:

> Firstly, an apology to Honey for saying in the chatroom the other night that
> I thought his subject line story idea would lead to a load of disorganised
> pants.

... except that it was a silly idea wasn't it :)  I thought that the
moment after I posted, as you do.  In a very poor attempt to grasp some
self-respect from this I've decided to make it a limerick game and sink
myself deeper.  In the subject line you will find the first line of a
limerick.  Please continue it if the spirit so leads you.

Honey xxx

(*) except! http://www.thoughtshop.com/Christers/autoresponse.htm
Ooo cheeky.