Sinister: Bible bashing

Erica MacArthur erica.macarthur at xxx.com
Fri Feb 18 12:25:19 GMT 2000

Dearest Crapheads,

Religion and Lesbians seem to have come up a bit recently, so here's a story
which involves the two.

Me and the Christian faith aren't really the best of friends. It stems from
a holiday I went on with my church a few years ago - it was at Butlins, kind
of like a Bible-bashing-Bowlie, only it was called 'Spring Harvest'. On the
first day there was a debate for people my age (then 14/15) about being Gay
and being a Christian. I was pro-gay, but the other side cut me down with
'witty' phrases such as "It's Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!" Followed
by, "yeah, why are YOU so keen? You're a LESBIAN aren't you!" complete with
pointing and laughing.

Needless to say, I turned the cheek. Yes, I was a strong girl. That was
until I ran to the toilet and banged my fists against things, sobbing.
Anyway, better things..

Velocity farewell spooned us out another helping of verbal sugar:

>Erica McArthur... well, I'm a bit confussed about
>Erica...

You and me both, honey. 'Confussed', what a brilliant word! A bit like
'Gallavant', which was the name of a netzine me and my friend Matthew
started up but never really finished. It exists in the cyberspace graveyard
now (http://www.gallavant.ukgateway.net/) - beautifully made with absolutely
no content. It started from a misspelling on my account, but we later
decided it's a mixture of the words 'Gallant' and Gallavent'.

If we really did start up a Sinister Village Velocity, I could work in the
Sweet Shop because I have prior experience in the Cola Cubes/Sherbet Lemons
dept. I'd be the fashion designer but I don't think everyone would be too
pleased with me confiscating their cords and trainers and replacing them
with three-button suits and teddy boy shoes. I bet they'd go down well at
Peter's Disco, though.

Erica

Let's hotwire the Bentley, Harry!
http://www.chickpages.com/rants/golighty/index.html