Sinister: It Takes a Twee-f**er, to make a village

Georgine Skeene trollopinpaisley at xxx.com
Sun Feb 20 13:23:08 GMT 2000

a whole LOT of them, at that.

Ian, you are a genius. did i mention that before?

Anyway, as to velocity's Village proposal 2000.  the village of the FOKKIN' Millenium!  (on an annoying note,my adopted home Tempe's former hip avenue-turned corporate slut-baiting Mill Avenue, has awful signs up that say Mill-ENNIUM Avenue.  it's so embarrassing)  as i was saying, about that idea.  i think i would love to draw up a map of the sinister village if we decide how it's gonna be.  here are some of my concepts just free associating.

I dont' know what i would do.  Maybe be a Line Painter.
OR i could run Lisa and Chelsea's, the local GRRRL salon and hangout.  or be the village caricaturist, like i could sit out on the sidewalk on sunny street fest days, and draw you funny/big-headed on a skateboard for 5 bucks.

Sister Disco's Neon Cabaret, open late, after=hours all night disco dancing, and special theater evenings.  could be one of the fixtures on the main downtown drag, which would be all old stone craggy buildings and winding alleys, interspersed with the occasional art deco theater spaces or artists lofts.

There would need to be a town square, with like gardens and picnic space, and a big community center for holding meetings of stuff like the Looper appreciation society, People for the Advancement of Mick Cooke, and the Dear Diary Recipes and Therapy Bonanza club.

Honey Mummy's palacial heart-shaped estate with its eccentric petting zoo and ferris wheel would be at the heart of our residential area, flanked by the 200 Troubled Teenagers Nursery skool and Youth Hostel.  Mummy would provide a firm, yet undeniably matronly(and intriguingly feminine), hand of guidance to newcomers and vagabond youths passing through.

the downtown drag would be full of hep hangouts like the Treehouse books 'n Java;
the Indie Cool Queen new and used Rekkid Shack, sorted by the incomparable christa;

the Sticky Railing, the underground club for those who just can't keep their assets to themselves(every thursday Nite, $2 draft and wine and "Seeing Other  People's Parts" extravaganza ball);

Paula Cullen's Booze x-plosion would be 2 doors down, and sandwiched inbetween, the Dirty Dreams Peep-show palace.

Candyfloss Flavour's Sinistre Sweet shop/Les Pastries de la Bourgeousie: a combo sweetshop/bakery cafe;

Frumpy! the used/vintage clothing boutique.  Flares, quilted jackets, sparkly shifts, yeye wigs and teddy shoes, they've got it all for the teenage population.

And down the road a ways, past the fox-riddled wood near the abandoned stone chapel, the Shrine of Our Lady of Tiger Ears. where the worthwhile worship.

The Gentle Waves water-park!  get out yr bikini waxin' tackle!

"Me and the Major's" a gentlemen's club for the gay boys of sinister!!

Ooh, there has tobe a copy shop, for all the h**sters to hang out at.

I think the really Upscale fashion boutique should be called Mayfly.  it just sounds real swank and modern, yet casual.  who wants to be the fashion diva?

********************
Awwww fuck!  i could go on for days.  somebody stop me.  velocity...or anyone else...if you like any of my ideas, let me know.  tell me where you want to live in sinister-land, and i can put you on th emap.  literally!
I'm serious.  this is like really fun for me.  i could totally draw a whole town.  that would rock so much ass.
Shut up!! at least i'm not out doing drugs and recruuting your impressionable children into a life of fisting hell!!

What woudl the hip indie musick club be called? it could be anything really.  i mean, we need a rockin space for like magnetic fields and cat power to play when they pass through.  and someone to run the zine-stand.  Teri??  ?;)

stop me before i get nauseating,
LJ

"Hahahaha....I'm so full of ideas...and here's a good one!!"

http://members.tripod.com/rebelstrange
 to the pure, all things are pure---

http://members.tripod.com/rebelstrange/buxoms.html
***The Buxoms: Svengali-free since 1998!!***