Sinister: 20 seconds to comply...

rachel tucker rachel at xxx.uk
Mon Feb 21 15:56:16 GMT 2000

...no i have no idea what you're supposed to comply to either, but i'm
listening to one of them 'on the floor at the boutique' mix cd's at the mo
(it's the lo fidelity allstars one, tres impressive, mostly) and this
choooon is hilarious...this guy keeps intoning in all seriousness '20
seconds to complyyyyyyy' in a very scary gladiator-type voice...kind of like
when john anderson used to say 'contestants rrrrrreaddy' that kind of macho
power thing....

anywaaaaay, it's all been very exciting and political round here this past 7
days hasn't it?? quite refreshing, shame that the week wasn't topped off by
a red ken win. although it would be dead difficult for me to boycott
stagecoach (their buses get me to school, there is no way i'm walking the 7
mile round trip...mind you not being able to use the bus on principle would
be a better excuse than the one about zoe ball i've been trying to fob my
teachers off with...3 times now she's failed to wake me up and instead
become incorporated into whatever dream i've been having at the time...i've
had to switch to five live...), i have been defrauding stagecoach since
september by using my expired bus pass...and there is a fair number of
forgeries doing the rounds. we're doing our bit! hit them where it
hurts...the wallet (where did you think i was going to say???)

talking about boycotts, BOYCOTT MORRELLS PUBS. it is a long twisted tale as
to why, involving decades of trying to relocate oxford united's stadium, the
growth of the blackbird leys estate, an out of date covenant, and requires
an awful lot of legal knowledge which i won't bore you with (if you're
interested have a look at www.welcome.to/foul  or
www.rageon.freeserve.co.uk )...but basically oxford united have been rescued
from extinction twice over the past 11 years and now it could be third time
unlucky...the morrells brewery are threatening legal action against the
building of our *new* half finished stadium...if this happens our owner will
probably walk out leaving us facing possible expulsion and/or extinction, so
BOYCOTT the  stupid bastards (they will almost certainly make more money -
which is all they seem to care about - out of the stadium going
ahead)....i'm sorry for the blatant list abuse but i wouldn't ask if it
wasn't important, and judging by the amount of football discussed in chat
yesterday i figured enough people might care.

<okay, passionate but probably dull rant over...you can come back...please?>

the most exciting developments of the week has got to be the sinister
village, i was beside myself with the thought of this fantastic, if mythical
place (though we could do a castaway 2000, i'm sure channel 4 would fund
it)...could i pleeeeease be in charge of the sinister football team?? i
don't want to play or anything (well, my lungs don't, i still think i'm a
bit nifty on the wing...) but the thought of a board and marker pens and
tactical discussions and teamsheets...ooh!

<rachel is now dancing round her living room hugging herself in gleeful
anticipation...sad sad girl...>

but then again i could bring my unique checkout operating/shelf stacking
skills to the sini-supermarket, which i think should be located near the
chippy and the record shop for ease of access. though i don't know if that
would help my financial situation....

i went into town on saturday simply to buy the new all saints and
animalhouse singles...i came back with my intended purchases but also
another £30 lighter cos that bastard 5 for 30 quid deal in virgin worked
it's evil magic on me...honestly, i didn't mean to buy anything else, it
just sucked me in...still, nice to see jeepster are represented in this
clearout, i spotted the gentle waves (ha ha! though mind you i shouldn't
laugh, i bought it at FULL PRICE), and less amusingly, snow patrol...i
nearly bought it again cos i could only find 4 cds i wanted, but then i
finally decided to go for mercury rev...i like it, but that voice does my
head in after a while, really whiny.

anyway, have to go and stand in a supermarket now

lovin' and leavin' you

rachel xxx