Sinister: compulsory report

Ian McKinney the_gibber at xxx.com
Mon Feb 21 16:10:48 GMT 2000

Dear sirs and madams,
I have noticed it is the custom to report any B&S-related dreams to the
list. In the past I refused to believe such dreams actually occurred,
however I had my first one on Saturday night.
My and my friend Daragh (long time lurker on this list, incidentally) went
to see B&S in the assembly hall of a primary school. The stage was adorned
with these bizarre modernist structures of wire and chrome, and the whole
stage moved up and down on a huge hydraulic steel pillar. There was a small
bar on a balcony that only sold steins of Harp. I bought two at a time, but
Nick Cave was there and he kept following me around and stealing my drinks
(!). When B&S took to the stage, I noticed that Stuart M was blind drunk and
barely capable of performing. He was agressively drunk, in fact, and kept
cracking these Bernard Manning-type jokes and insulting the audience. They
started playing a new song and it was terrible, and I noticed that my friend
Tony had replaced Stuart D on bass. Then I woke up. Ah well.

Other TITbits:
*Has anyone been drinking agwa? We've been at it constantly for a week. It's
a shooter, like Aftershock but slightly less medicinal-tasting.

*The video for Dog on Wheels was on Alternative Nation a couple of weeks
back. I'd never seen it before. There's stuart m engaging in all manner of
unlawful activity, like spraying graffiti on walls and hanging off bridges.
The yob.

*I must make a musical reccomendation to everybody on the list - Sigur Ros.
There was a song of theirs on a free cd with NME two weeks ago, and it was
utterly captivating, so I went out the next day and bought their e.p. It is
superb. Somewhere between Mogwai and Godspeed, but more sweeping and
orchestral.

Anyhoo, back to the shadows for another couple of months,
Ian