Sinister: pratiquer les lignes a la boulangerie, mais pas des lignes blanches

Youn J. Noh ynoh at xxx.edu
Tue Feb 22 01:37:35 GMT 2000

Cher Sinistre,

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, P F wrote:

> - Bonjour. Je cherche du pain.
> - Mais de quelle sorte?
> - Je prefere le pain long.
> - Ah, bon; on peut manger des baguettes toute la semaine et on ne devient
> pas gros.
>
> That kind of thing. Bebel fans please correct the grammar if you find
> you've eaten a sentence that doesn't agree with itself. But the
> question is, bread.  White French bread, like this B&S Arantxtxa
> bakery in Wye-on-Trent is going to be selling. *Does it make you fat?*
> We need to know, and hier.

Not at the rate of one baguette per week.  Especially at the end of the
week when it gets really stale and you have to expend extra energy chewing
and digesting.  That's the advantage of it being so airy and not having
fat, animal or vegetable or mineral (huh?), added to it.  Ca ne fait que
15 francs la semaine.  Faisons des economies.  So in addition to being
rail thin, you will have extra lunch money to buy your favorite glossy
magazines at the end of the week and dream of being even thinner so that
Stuart might not notice that you are in the bath with him.  (Oh, that's
only my fantasy - then I've got a long way to go.)

Comet Gain did turn out to be good, though typically indie-sounding.  Why
is there a picture of John McKeown on the inside of the CD sleeve and why
did he play guitar on 6 songs if he hates American bands like Pavement?
Why? Oh why?  But I love the way he plays guitar. And the Tindersticks
entirely deserve all the good things said about them.  They're serious!
Ah, I knew it was going to be this way but I had to wait until I was
really in need of salvation.  Talk about being superficial.  It amuses me
that such a wee lad like Chris is into such deep, elemental music.  And
it's also on the record that Andy Dean and Tim Hopkins witnessed the cover
of "Reel around the Fountain" in Glasgow/Edinburgh 2 1/2 years ago
(Jeepster press archives).  And who had the nerve to suggest that Andy
Bell could be a stand in for our Stuart?

Yours,
Youn